Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build

  • Andrew Baird
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      Hi,

      "Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build"

      Does anybody know how I can enable this feature in 8.1.7.2.1 Standard
      Edtion, without having to re-install using the whole enterprise
      edition. Is it possible to install something of the Enterprise
      Edition CD to allow enable this feature.

      Cheers

      Andy
    • Goulet, Dick
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        Online index rebuild is an enterprise edition only feature. You need to
        deinstall the existing Oracle software, or install Enterprise in a
        separate home & then run catalog, catproc, etc...

        Dick Goulet
        Senior Oracle DBA
        Oracle Certified 8i DBA
        "Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build"

        Does anybody know how I can enable this feature in 8.1.7.2.1 Standard
        Edtion, without having to re-install using the whole enterprise edition.
        Is it possible to install something of the Enterprise Edition CD to
        allow enable this feature.

        Cheers

        Andy

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JqWylB/TM
      • Gerry Leith
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
          Message
          Andy

          I'm afraid you are stuck.  Online Index stuff is only in the Enterprise Edition and there is no (post-installation/paying for the correct Oracle license/etc) pick and choose mechanism.

          Best regards

          Gerry

          "Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build"

          Does anybody know how I can enable this feature in 8.1.7.2.1 Standard
          Edtion, without having to re-install using the whole enterprise
          edition. Is it possible to install something of the Enterprise
          Edition CD to allow enable this feature.

          Cheers

          Andy

          PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September.  The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

        • laurent Delisle
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
            It may interest every body to know what are the differences between SE and EE.
            He is the Oracle Product family paper which explain that (cover 10g and in fact 9i)

            "Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build"

            Does anybody know how I can enable this feature in 8.1.7.2.1 Standard
            Edtion, without having to re-install using the whole enterprise edition.
            Is it possible to install something of the Enterprise Edition CD to
            allow enable this feature.

            Cheers

            Andy

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JqWylB/TM

            PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September.  The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

          • Baird, Andrew (ICT) (HK)
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
              Thanks for the input.

              Just what I expected. I suppose I was hoping that I could make things easier
              on myself.

              Cheers

              Andy

              "Receiving ORA-00439 Feature not enabled: Online Index Build"

              Does anybody know how I can enable this feature in 8.1.7.2.1 Standard
              Edtion, without having to re-install using the whole enterprise edition.
              Is it possible to install something of the Enterprise Edition CD to
              allow enable this feature.

              Cheers

              Andy

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JqWylB/TM

              PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September. The
              PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              This communication is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. It
              may contain confidential or privileged information. You may not divulge this
              information to any unauthorized third party. Please inform us immediately if
              this communication was received unintentionally. Thank you.