temporary tablespace for the user SYSADM

  • litbighor <lehuyluan@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2003
      Hi,

      I've read from the paper "PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA", that it is not
      advisable to make PSTEMP a temporary tablespace bc Peoplesofts stores
      some tables in PSTEMP temporarily.

      In my Oracle database for Financials 8.4 / PTools 8.41 , I have a
      locally managed temporary tablespace for PSTEMP.
      and :

      USERNAME DEFAULT_TABLE TEMPORARY_TAB
      ------------- ------- -------------
      PS PSDEFAULT PSTEMP
      SYSADM PSTEMP PSTEMP
      PEOPLE PSDEFAULT PSTEMP
      ..

      Should i change to a permanent tblsp ?
      Will i have errors with PeopleSoft when it tries to create tables in
      PSTEMP ?
      Any experience ?

      I'm a complete beginner with PS.

      Thanks.