Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: accurate statistics for temp tables

  • R P
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hi,

      Thanks for your suggestion. Actually I implemented this a few days ago after thinking about all the different ways. It seems to be working great. I have accumulated stats for several temp tables. Although the stats will not be 100% accurate it is much better than not having any at all. I have noticed Oracle using the index on several of the temp tables which has greatly improved system performance. I appreciate everyones suggestion.

      litbighor <lehuyluan@...> wrote:
      Hi

      I have a suggestion :
      what about putting a trigger on the Peoplesoft xxx_TMP table
      when insert into xxx_TMP then insert in a xxx_COPY

      then you have the biggest image of xxx_TMP
      Use the stats of this xxx_COPY to set the stat for xxx_TMP ?

      LitBigHor

      PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September.  The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • michael.ngong@crown.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 30, 2004

        Excuse my ignorance.Do we need to analyze the temp tablespace/temp tables in peoplesoft for any reason.
        These discussion has been going on for a while but does not make sense to me(Hope I am not alone:))
        At least on my other applications I do not ,If peoplesoft requires us to, is it pstemp /or
        some temp tables that I do not know.From an Oracle standpoint not sure
        Again excuse my ignorance.....

        Michael

        R P <pjksel@...>

        06/30/2004 10:33 AM

        Please respond to
        psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject

        wrote:

        Hi

        I have a suggestion :
        what about putting a trigger on the Peoplesoft xxx_TMP table
        when insert into xxx_TMP then insert in a xxx_COPY

        then you have the biggest image of xxx_TMP
        Use the stats of this xxx_COPY to set the stat for xxx_TMP ?

        LitBigHor

        PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September.  The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

        Do you Yahoo!?

        PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA will be published by Apress in September.  The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        click here