Apache Issue on Win2K

  • pierrevanelswijk <pierre.vanelswijk@nec-
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2003
      Hello,

      I saw from the poll results on David's forum that there are still
      some of you that run PeopleSoft on the apache webserver. We currently
      have a big problem here at NEC with our PS8 environment(Oracle/Win2K
      with Financials/Distribution/Manufacturing for about 900 users).

      The problem is that Apache restarts its child process on a frequent
      basis, causing the active connections to be reset and (some) users to
      receive a 'page cannot be displayed' error. The proof that this is
      happening is easy to obtain, just have a look in the Windows task
      manager of your webserver where you have the two Apache executables.
      One of them is the parent (with 2 threads), the other the child with
      the 50-1024 threads depending on your setting of ThreadsPerChild. The
      PID's of these two executables should remain the same as long as
      Apache is up, and in our case the child PID changes every few hours,
      showing that it has restarted.

      Another way of showing if this is happening is looking at the apache
      server-status page (http://<your_webserver>/server-status). Normally
      the server uptime should indicate the actual uptime of the webserver
      (usually weeks or months). In our case this is never more than 1-2
      hours.

      I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem, perhaps we can
      share some ideas on how to tackle it.

      Thanks a lot in advance,

      Pierre
    • Roger Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2003
        Pierre,
        We are actually using the Weblogic webserver, so I
        don't know much about the Apache. Did you look in the
        www.PeopleSoft.com discussion groups and on
        www.Slerp.com.?
        -Roger

        --- "pierrevanelswijk