crystal

  • kellykday
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2004

      I have a customer that just went live on Financials 8.4 sp1 with
      tools 8.43.10 All delivered crystal runs fine. Any custom or
      modified crystals run fine in two-tier. They do not run 4 tier.
      There is one user that created a custom crystal and he can run it but
      no one else can in 4 tier. He has created other crystals but can't
      run them in 4 tier. The error they get is very generic:

      Crystal Reports Print Engine error text: Cannot open SQL server. %
      6 %7 %8 %9 (65,30)

      The queries used by crystal can be run through 4 tier by any user.

      Has anyone seen this problem before? Peoplesoft GSC won't help b/c
      it's custom reports.
    • R P
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004

        We are currently encountering the same problem periodically. We have not been able to get help from peoplesoft as well. Their support is a joke anyways. We believe the problem has to do with 2 versions of crystal running on the same server. After further research peoplesoft only supports one version of crystal running on the same server. However when the peoplesoft installer came out he installed 2 versions of crystal, one version for HR and the other for Financials and certified the install.

        We have ordered another server to move one of the versions off and then try it.

        Do you have 2 versions of crystal running?
        I have found the following solution to get around the problem which may work for a few hours to sometimes a few days before they start failing again.
        shutdown the process scheduler, make sure it shutdown cleanly,
        then select configure the process scheduler and step thru the configuration without changing any values, this will generate a new config file. then startup and run a crystal and it should work.
        If that doesn't work I have another solution,
        go to the odbc drivers under control panel, select peoplesoft peopletools driver and remove, then reinstall the drivers from your pscf.exe utility, after doing this you will need to re-configure your process scheduler

        I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please let me know

        kellykday <kellykday@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I have a customer that just went live on Financials 8.4 sp1 with
        tools 8.43.10  All delivered crystal runs fine.  Any custom or
        modified crystals run fine in two-tier.  They do not run 4 tier.
        There is one user that created a custom crystal and he can run it but
        no one else can in 4 tier.  He has created other crystals but can't
        run them in 4 tier.  The error they get is very generic:

        Crystal Reports Print Engine error text: Cannot open SQL server.     %
        6 %7 %8 %9 (65,30)

        The queries used by crystal can be run through 4 tier by any user.

        Has anyone seen this problem before?  Peoplesoft GSC won't help b/c
        it's custom reports.

        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd. http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Do you Yahoo!?