RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum core files getting generated in appserv directory

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi there,

      I have seen this on almost every Unix server I have ever run PSoft on. For
      some reason, bringing the servers down, even cleanly, creates a core dump.
      You just have to clean up after them. I think the only time it would be an
      issue is if you were tight on disk space in the directories for your
      applications - if that happens if can bring your apps down hard when they
      run out of space.

      hope this helps

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      PS GL & AP, PT 8.41.20, Solaris 8, Oracle 8.1.7-64bit

      We too get core dumps on a regular basis when we shut down our system
      overnight for backups.

      I wrote a ksh script to keep a check on them every 10 minutes and I've
      attached a file showing the results.

      We cleared up most of them by configuring paths etc. correctly and the
      remainder don't seem to cause a problem.

      Let me know if you want a copy of the script.

      Regards,
      Phillip Eaton
      Gulf International Bank (UK) Ltd, London.