RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Tracing tuxedo application server

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
      Tracing tuxedo application server
      They do not rotate - you have to manage them yourself. This does not seem to have changed in Tuxedo 8.1 either

      I would suggest that you rename the current file periodically, and then when the server process restarts (if you have recycle count != 0) it writes to a new file with the original filename.

      If you have multiple servers on a queue you can manually stop and start individual servers in the tmadmin interface with
      stop -g APPSRV -i <server id>
      boot -g APPSRV -i <server id>

      The tmadmin interface can be scripted on both Unix and Windows.

      Sent: 29 March 2004 11:28
      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Tracing tuxedo application server

      Hello,

      Can someone tell me if trace files do get rotated when tracing an application server domain with the additional option to the command line:

      CLOPT ="-r -e APPQ.out ..... "

      I'm looking into a way to automate processing the trace information by day but do not want to let the file grow infinite. As far as I see now this means stopping and starting the domain at a certain time to change file name....

      Hopefully there are better ways of doing it :-)

      Regards,

      Marc Pijnappels
      NEC CI BV

      The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd. http://www.go-faster.co.uk