RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Issue in PeopleSoft log files

  • the_dragon Draco
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2013

      You can only stop core files from being created by fixing whatever is causing them.  You need to figure out what's broken there.  Have the developers screwed around with the student financials modiles due to some idiotic "business" requirement?  If they have, then have them start tracing the issue.  If they haven't, open a case with OraSoft GSC.  If you're using a real version of Unix, say AIX, the system admins can place a size restriction on the core files when they are created, and you should probably have a cron job to go out and clean them up from the LOGS directory until you get the underlying issue fixed.

      good luck.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: huzaifahi@...
      Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:03:07 -0700
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Issue in PeopleSoft log files

      Hello experts
                            I am facing issues when users insert data in Student financials modules.The file name core with different umber  the file type is  programm crash data generat very frequently the file size is each file is approx 100MB..Its occupy our maxiumum storage these are binary files can ay one help me out how I can stop generation of these files.

    • tc_at_120maple
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        The files named core are the result of an error condition that causes the application to fail (ABEND, yak, die,...) and dump out the state at the time of the failure. You may be able to diagnose this yourself.

        Something within the application has caused the error to happen. This could be a programming bug, or a system resource limit.

        hth,
        -T