PeopleTools 8.52 to 8.53 Upgrade Question

  • tymczyszyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      We are doing a PeopleSoft upgrade from PeopleTools 8.49 / Financials 9.0 to PT 8.52 / Fin 9.1. We've completed the initial pass, practice passes, and formal MTP to create our SIT environment, are currently executing the third round of SIT testing, due to start creation of UAT on July 26, with UAT and performance testing scheduled for August and the production cutover scheduled for sometime between September 20 - October 11.

      We've been asked to evaluate the impact of incorporating the upgrade to PeopleTools 8.53 / Financials 9.1 NOW.

      We have not customized the PeopleTools.
      We have 5 environments on PT 8.52 (demo, dev, test, config, SIT).

      We see 3 possibilities for accomplishing this:
      1) Execute the next MTP pass upgrading to 8.53 /9.1 (very high risk)
      2) Execute the next MTP using current template (8.52 / 9.1) then perform a PeopleTools only upgrade to 8.53 (high risk but can revert to 8.52)
      3) Upgrade to PeopleTools 8.53 a few months after the cutover.

      Questions:
      1) Has anyone changed their upgrade project going from 8.49 -> 8.52 to 8.49 -> 8.53 with the application upgrade at this stage (UAT creation)?
      2) Is there any guideline to estimate how much time this would add to the project?
      3) Are there any major improvements or new features in PeopleTools 8.53 v. 8.52 that can be used with application version 9.1 to justify upgrading to 8.53?

      Thanks.