PeopleSoft and MS Office apps

  • srisaro
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hi Gurus,

      I have this wierd feeling now after so many years of exp and scenarios....

      I have a set of server stack in which we've installed PeopleSoft 8.52 and Oracle 11g on Windows 2008 R2.

      Here we don't have any of Microsoft Office Apps like Word or Excel or any other apps installed. To be precise, I can't find Microsoft Office in Start - All programs in any of the servers in the stack i.e., App, Web or DB or Batch.

      Now, in Query manager, if we run a query to Run in Excel, it automatically picks up the file format of the resulting query in Excel 97-2003 format (.xls)

      I wonder from where does the file format is getting picked up when it is not installed any where in the server stack.

      I'm totally puzzled here, please help.

      Regards,
      Sri.