RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Upgrade Impact - Translate values entered online

  • Cavett, Christopher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18 7:44 AM
      Translate values are treated like any other comparable and upgradable object. They would only be "overridden" if you set the project flags to only take values from the new version.

      A word of caution about using the web interface to change translate values...

      At last year's Oracle conference, I recall someone saying that it was a bad idea to update translate values through the web interface. He said the translate values' object version numbers don't get updated properly when they are updated through the web, which then causes issues with caching.

      I have no personal experience with this issue, but the person who said this is a respected PeopleSoft blogger, frequent Open World presenter, and Oracle Ace. So I took his comments seriously.