TUXLOG error LIBTUX_CAT:577

  • Tim Cornwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hello,

      I recently spent a few hours tracking down the cause of a tuxedo error
      message in my TUXLOG. file:

      The issue turns out to be monitoring cron tasks that regularly run "psadmin
      -c sstatus -d domain" type commands and capture and record the results.
      The problem I have is that quite often, when these scripts run against my
      (8.49) appserver they generate a TUXLOG error:
      "...
      195601.my-servername!tmadmin.
      18567.4153362112.-2: LIBTUX_CAT:577: ERROR:
      Unable to register because the slot is already owned by another process
      ..."

      Sometimes I get 4-5 of these in 5 minutes as the monitor task runs once per
      minute.

      What is the cause, and can I prevent it.

      Thanks,
      Tim
    • srisaro
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18 7:45 AM
        Hi Tim,

        There could be a possible reason that the same script which ran for the last time, at that time it would have taken a process id (pid), which might be still hanging.
        You might need to look for ways to kill that pid once this script is completed.
        I'm not a techy Unix scripting guy, but I do know that there is a command which needs to be appended at the end of the script which would let the pid closed or stopped or killed once the intended work is completed.

        Keep us posted....

        ---Sarva

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18 8:39 AM
          Instead of using the PSADMIN commands to check tuxedo status using tmadmin
          with the -r switch (which invokes tmadmin in read only mode) and pipe the
          status commands pq, psr, or psc in as keyboard input. Remember to quit when
          you are finished.
          Like this

          tmadmin -r <<! 2>/dev/null
          psr
          psc
          !

          I would also suggest logging a bug with Oracle support. Psadmin should be
          invoking tmadin with -r for these status monitoring options.