Re: Cloning PS_HOME to another server

  • srisaro
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi Ravi,

      Thanks for your help and sorry for the delayed response.

      Yes, even I found the same before getting into this cloning idea. But actually I want 8.18.08.
      Moreover, I won't be able to install 8.18.10 in only one of my app servers where I have three in total and planning to get to that one cloned which is having a corrupt registry.

      Upgrading to 81810 is not an option with my client as this is strongly a damn legacy system which they want it undisturbed for the rest of their life. huh!

      I'm going to get the version I'm requesting for I believe thru some contacts in Oracle. I will update you all soon.

      Thanks Gurus.

      Regards,
      Sri.

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "RAVISHANKERAN R" wrote:

      > Hi Sri,
      >
      > You can download the old tools version from the following site.
      >
      > ftp://ftp.oracle.com/peoplesoft/outgoing/ptools/
      >
      > But,I find only PT8.18.10 not PT 8.18.09. It's only a minor patch difference.So,it should not make any difference.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ravishankeran.R
      >

      > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "srisaro" wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Vinod.
      > > Surely take your recos.
      > >
      > > Will update you all once I've done testing.
      > >
      > > Thanks and Regards,
      > > Sri.
      > >
      > > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, vinod kk wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Sri,
      > > >
      > > > In the new windows server, install tuxedo, crystall and oracle client.  Copy the PS_HOME to this new server and reconfigure it.
      > > >
      > > > Am a beginner in psoft admin, a suggestion if u can test. :)
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Vinod K K

    • the_dragon Draco
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 13, 2013
        You can try this, but I have no confidence in its success.  Install using the media you do have, and then compare directories between your source server and the target server with the new install and move any discrepancies.  Once again, perform at your or risk and awareness.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: srisaro@...
        Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:42:38 +0000
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: Cloning PS_HOME to another server