Cloning of virtual servers with installed PS software

  • wjgioioso
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm wondering if anyone has experience with cloning a PS virtual server.  In our case it would be a virtual MS Win2008 server with Jrockit, Weblgic, Ptools, PIA, including all patches).   Or typical process is to package the software and then deploy it on the new servers.  the idea of installing on a server and then cloning is intriguing.  Obviously we would need to do some config work on the cloned servers ... but that is the easy part:)    has anyone had success with cloning an entire PS server?

      Thanks!
      Bill
      CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.
    • srisaro
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
        Hi Bill,

        If you see my thread where I'm trying for the same in Windows 2000 server, being that a virtual one as well.

        I will try that in Windows 2000 and let you all know about the results.

        Regards,
        Sri.

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, william_gioioso@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm wondering if anyone has experience with cloning a PS virtual server.
        > In our case it would be a virtual MS Win2008 server with Jrockit, Weblgic,
        > Ptools, PIA, including all patches). Or typical process is to package
        > the software and then deploy it on the new servers. the idea of
        > installing on a server and then cloning is intriguing. Obviously we would
        > need to do some config work on the cloned servers ... but that is the easy
        > part:) has anyone had success with cloning an entire PS server?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Bill

        > CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.

      • Ragineni Maheswar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
          Hi,

          Yes its possible through Windows Image.