Re: Settings for ample server

  • ewayte
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "mwallred" <mwallred@...> wrote:

      > I forgot to mention...
      >
      > This is on Windows Server 2008r2 64bit and with Oracle 11g.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "mwallred" <mwallred@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We're upgrading to HR 9.1 & PT 8.52 and have this shiny new database server with lots of horsepower and memory. I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions for ways to take advantage of the much bigger, much better system.
      > >
      > > It's a dedicated production database server. No web/app/whatever else servers running on it. Just the one production database.
      > >
      > > Has anyone seen good results with any particular parameters, configurations, etc when you've got a lot to work with? I'm guessing there are also things that you would think would help but didn't seem to make any difference.
      > >
      > > Thanks for any suggestions.
      > >
      > > Marty

      My Oracle Support Doc ID 1445965.1 "Advice For the PeopleSoft Oracle DBA" is the first place you should look.

      Required parameters:
      _unnest_subquery = false
      _gby_hash_aggregation_enabled = false.

      Parameters to avoid:
      optimizer_index_cost_adj - leave at default.
      optimizer_index_caching - leave at default.
      db_file_multiblock_read_count - unset, dynamically calculated.
      cursor_sharing - leave at default of 'exact'.

      Good advice:
      optimizer_features_enable - leave at default of Oracle version.

      Aside from these parameters, look at implementing pscbo_stats (MOS Doc Id 1322888.1)

      Eric Wayte
      Database Manager Enterprise
      University of Central Florida