Informing Oracle about PS Upgrade

  • mail2harish143
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012

      I would like to know whether we need to inform Oralce if we are planning to Upgrade a Campus Solutions 8.9 MP1 to 9.0.

      Will our existing license code will change if we are upgrading to a new version of application or we will use the same existing license code

      Thanks in advance.
    • the_dragon Draco
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
        If you have been paying maint, all upgrades are free, and they don't really care.  Or that's my understanding.  If you haven't been paying for maint, then you probably need to buy a new license.  However, I think they are using generic license codes these days.

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

        It's not Rocket Surgery!

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: mail2harish143@...
        Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:26:42 +0000
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Informing Oracle about PS Upgrade