RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Creating Roles and Permission based on custom table

  • the_dragon Draco
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
      It would probably be easier and quicker to use an excel spread sheet, and then excel to CI upload of the information.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: mdsayeed_u@...
      Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:45:08 -0700
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Creating Roles and Permission based on custom table

      I wanted to create Roles and Permission list based on custom table (which holds Business Logic),like if column value is 3 then certain roles and 2 then certain............ is it possible in PS?

      Thanks
      Sayeed

    • md sayeed
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
        Hi Dragon,

        Thanks for your quick response, but I think you did not get my requirement, I wanted to create conditional region example a pagelet which contains financial data, and it will get displayed based on permissionlist, and permission list based on custom table

        It would probably be easier and quicker to use an excel spread sheet, and then excel to CI upload of the information.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: mdsayeed_u@...
        Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:45:08 -0700

        I wanted to create Roles and Permission list based on custom table (which holds Business Logic),like if column value is 3 then certain roles and 2 then certain............ is it possible in PS?

        Thanks
        Sayeed

      • Graham Bowden
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2012
          Why not make just make the content of the page let dependent upon the custom table? Then although page let is always displayed, the financial data is only displayed if the custom table allows.

          Otherwise, you would need to put a dynamic addition/ removal of the role (that contains the permission list) using a component interface in an extra custom sign on people code prog.

          I think that would get you round app server / web server cache issues.

          For an example, see the standard sign on people code that has a dynamic ci based role change ( although that one is based on the contents of active directory.

          Hope this helps,

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: mdsayeed_u@...
          Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:45:08 -0700