Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Is it i possible to deploy only one web server at port 80 with two different sites ?

  • Duncan Davies
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 17, 2012
      You can use something like Squid to help with this.

      Have multiple hostnames pointing to the same IP address (the IP of your server). Squid listens on port 80 and silently routes according to the hostname used in the URL.

      Duncan

      On 20 June 2012 11:48, Deep Pandey <deep.tkt@...> wrote:

      Thanks much, Guys ! Basically we are trying to setup few AMI's at Amazon's EC2 instance for customer demo's and want to make it easier  for non techical  end users  so they can just have to flip site name and can skip port no. part if we use default port.

      Thanks!
      Deep

      On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM, David Kurtz <david.kurtz@...> wrote:

      I agree.  While you can do it, I recommend that you don’t (at least not in a production, or serious dev/test environment).

      By separating the web servers you can configure them independently.  Start and stop them independently, upgrade them independently.

      I have also heard of problems with settings in one site affecting another in the same web server.

      The only real overhead of separate web servers is that of another JVM – about 300Mb of memory..

      What would happen if you upgrade tools version for HR and different times?

      What would happen if you need an outage on HR?  you would also need an outage on FSCM.  That is two different parts of the business to negotiate with.

      From: deep.tkt@...
      Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:59:33 -0400

      Hi – Please excuse me if sounds like a dummy question but does anyone know if I have one web server and two products HCM and FSCM, is it i possible to deploy only one web server at port 80 with two different sites like ->

      http://myserver :80/ FSCM91/sigon.html

      http://myserver :80/ HCM91/ sigon.html

      Thanks,

      Deep

      Deep

    • the_dragon Draco
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 17, 2012
        So, I am "maintaining" an ancient system (8 SCM on 8.17.02 tools) And I just had a ginormous AE__.trc file created in process scheduler... by an sqr.

        Any ideas?  Besides upgrade to a supported stable version?

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

        It's not Rocket Surgery!

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 17, 2012
          I have issues with Tivoli workload scheduler on my jobs with cobol and crystal
          Can anyone point me to what cannot  be done with TWS.

          TIA
          Subrata

        • the_dragon Draco
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 17, 2012
            Evidently, this is a Process Scheduler dump.  And, sorry for not removing the unrelated e-mail thread from my last post.

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            From: ceprn@...
            Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:00:28 -0400
            Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum sqr creates ginormous AE__.trc file?!! any ideas?