Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum: Adding new office extensions in ancient tools versions

  • Deep Pandey
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 21, 2012
      See if it helps

      On the web server host go to ..../portal/web-inf directory.
      Update web.xml file with file types for Office 2007 file types with correct mime-type.

      Link for the Mime type document is
      http://blogs.msdn.com/vsofficedeveloper/pages/Office-2007-Open-XML-MIME-Types.aspx

      Summary
      Office 2007 introduced new file formats for common document types
      (Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations), and has standardized on new MIME types for
      each new format. The following information is provided to document the new MIME types and their proper use in
      HTTP content streaming situations.

      The following table documents the HTTP MIME types that are available when working with Office 2007 documents:

      Ext MIME Type
      .doc application/msword
      .dot application/msword
      .docx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
      .dotx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template
      .docm application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12
      .dotm application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12
      .xls application/vnd.ms-excel
      .xlt application/vnd.ms-excel
      .xla application/vnd.ms-excel
      .xlsx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet
      .xltx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template
      .xlsm application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12
      .xltm application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroEnabled.12
      .xlam application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12
      .xlsb application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12
      .ppt application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
      .pot application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
      .pps application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
      .ppa application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
      .pptx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation
      .potx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template
      .ppsx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow
      .ppam application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.addin.macroEnabled.12
      .pptm application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12
      .potm application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12
      .ppsm application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12

      For example: Insert following lines for Word 2007 DOCX type as follows.

      The reported problem can be resolved by shutting down your web server, adding the following 16 entries for DOCX to your web.xml, and then restarting your web server:
      <mime-mapping> <extension> docx </extension> <mime-type> application/vnd.ms-word.document.12 </mime-type> </mime-mapping>
[...]

      The mime type had to be added through the Websphere Admin Console for the Virtual Host that the peoplesoft site was running under. After added the mime type and doing a rolling restart of the websphere application server you would be able to view the file.

      You have to add line for each file type that you need or file types attached by end users.

      Note: For Word 2007 documents looks like practically we can use two mime types.
      **Update: For Weblogic 9.2 and up, case sensitivity is no longer an issue. As a result, only 1 line per MIME type is needed. Please see NOTE 783958.1 for details**

      On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM, the_dragon Draco <ceprn@...> wrote:

      OK, throbbing brain, I need some help again...

      Much to my dismay I have to support PeopleTools versions 8.16, 8.17, 8.18 and 8.22. With the new Microsoft office there are about a dozen new extensions that need to be supported. In newer versions of PeopleTools/Weblogic this is easily hadled by adding some tag stanzas in the web.xml file for the domain. In the older versions this doesn't seem to be the case.

      So, to the question - does anyone know how to add extensions, such as xlsm, docx, etc, for older PTools/weblogic versions?

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

      and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

      It's not Rocket Surgery!

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
      you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
      people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
      "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
      by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

      "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
      I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

      "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
      of religions."

      SIGNATURE :
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
      with ketchup.
      You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
      Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
      Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
      A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
      When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
      rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
      order; the alternative is anarchy.
      M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

      Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
      aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

      Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
      The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
      for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

      NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
      States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
      confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
      of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
      message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
      any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
      written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
      violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
      error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

      Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
      M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: rogbak_er@...
      Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 02:04:18 +0000
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: Peoplesoft HR Database Refresh

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Ashish Bhatt <ashish_bhatt@...> wrote:

      > We are running Oracle 9.2 on Unix server. Our Peoplesoft HR version is 8.8 SP2.
      > We want to know how to do Peoplesoft HR Database Refresh. Is Oracle backup and restore only way?
      > We are looking for smarter and faster method.
      > Please reply with all the steps involved at your end.
      > Thanks in advance.
      > Have a nice day and great week.
      > Regards.
      > Ashish Bhatt.

      Sorry for the late response.
      Here's a brief summary of what we (I) do, I am sure it's not the most efficient.
      First off, we do datapump exports of our Prod several times a week.
      When they want a refresh, I ftp the newest one to the dev server.
      I stop all appservers, process schedulers, webserver, etc for the database I am refreshing.
      I then datapump export out of the dev database about 15 tables that have info such as GUID, psoprdefn, report nodes, etc. These will be re-imported later after importing the production tables.
      Then I run about 4 or so scripts in parallel that drop sysadm tables with the purge option to avoid the recycle bin.
      That script was generated by a select a table script and was broken into 4 pieces. I don't regenerate the scripts every time, I check to see if there are remaining tables. Generally there might be some.
      I start the datapump import and let it run overnight.
      In the morning, I re-import the1 15 or so orig dev tables that I exported.
      I run a few datamover scripts to reset passwords, clear process scheduler stuff, etc.
      Clear out the report repository, clear cache.
      Run statistics.
      A few other things perhaps.
      Our production datapump export is maybe 35Gb. Even if I start things late in the day, I can have it refreshed sometime the next moring if I don't get to many interruptions.
      Maybe not the most efficient, but it works, and I have plenty of other tasks to keep me busy while this is running.
      HTH,
      Roger

      Deep

    • peoplejedi
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 21, 2012
        Ashish,

        There are many ways to do this and it depends on what your specific needs are. Bascially, however, you would clone the database using whatever is your favorite method of doing so for any Oracle database (RMAN, DataGuard, DataPump, straight file copy) and immediately afterward updating PSDBOWNER with the new DBNAME. That is the bare minimum you need to do.

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Ashish Bhatt <ashish_bhatt@...> wrote:

        > We are running Oracle 9.2 on Unix server. Our Peoplesoft HR version is 8.8 SP2.
        > We want to know how to do Peoplesoft HR Database Refresh. Is Oracle backup and restore only way?
        > We are looking for smarter and faster method.
        > Please reply with all the steps involved at your end.
        > Thanks in advance.
        > Have a nice day and great week.
        > Regards.
        > Ashish Bhatt.

      • Juarez, Jose Antonio
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 21, 2012

          Ashish…

          The last week I migrated from 9i to 12g ( I did the migration & refresh on new server ).

          After the copy rename with

          $nid TARGET=system/<system-password>@<oracle-sid>\‟/ as sysdba\‟ DBNAME=<new-name> SETNAME=YES

          On PS Look at the procedure: E-INST PT8.4x, PT 8.5x: How to Copy a PeopleSoft Environment [ID 643499.1]