Installation of PIA

  • imtiaz awan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2012
      Dear All
                     I am facing problem while installing PIA error unrecognized option: - jrockit couldnot create the java virtual machine.
      Operating system oracle on linux version 5 .People Tools 8.51 and database 11G R2.

      Thanks
      Imtiaz Awan
    • Zafrulla khan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2012
        check for the memory availability! It needs at least 300 MB of RAM Free to create the java VM.

        --
        Thanks and Regards
        Zafrulla Khan

      • jagat
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
          Hi Imtiaz,
          This issue occurs due to wrong java used during installation. Please check during installation of webserver, which version of java you have used. In linux, set the java home properly and then reinstall your PIA completely.

          Thanks
          Jagat
          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, imtiaz awan <huzaifahi@...> wrote:

          > Dear All
          >                I am facing problem while installing PIA error unrecognized option: - jrockit couldnot create the java virtual machine.
          >
          > Operating system oracle on linux version 5 .People Tools 8.51 and database 11G R2.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Imtiaz Awan

        • Ramesh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2012

            Hi Imtiaz,

            I am not sure whether you fixed it.

            Download and install jrockit and change the path of the Java_home in setenv file. This will solve the issue.

            eg:

            JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jrockit
            export JAVA_HOME

            Thank You