How to restrict sending PSQUERY result by email.

  • rrikame
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2012
      Hello Gurus,

      Recently we found that using PSQUERY, PeopleSoft users can send query results by email to outside company network. Is there a way to restrict 'email send' facility for this page or atleast restrict to company domain.

      Thanks
      -Rajan
    • Deepanshu_elc12
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
        If I am correct that has to be done at the SMTP level it cannot be done from PS side.
        You can request your network team to put a rule at the smtp sender but in that case that rule will apply to all the email traffic gng from that smtp server.

        Any other thoughts on this would be interesting to listen.

        Cheers
        Deepanshu

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 19-Apr-2012, at 9:21 AM, "rrikame" <rrikame@...> wrote:

        Hello Gurus,

        Recently we found that using PSQUERY, PeopleSoft users can send query results by email to outside company network. Is there a way to restrict 'email send' facility for this page or atleast restrict to company domain.

        Thanks
        -Rajan

        =
      • Rajan Rikame
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2012
          Thanks Deepanshu for the reply!

          Since we have job server (sends email for jobs status) on the same Machine where PS apps is we cannot restrict at OS level.
          How difficult it is to hardcode the email input box with default company network domain so that only user id is allowed to type in the email input box.

          Thanks
          Rajan

          From:
          Deepanshu_elc12 <deepanshu_elc12@...>