Re: SSL Certificate affects when changing IP

  • Vinish Gupta
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2012
      Hi,

      IP change is nowhere going to affect your SSL certificate as SSL certificate is issued on Hostname of server and in your case Hostname will remain same.
      So not to worry.
      Just chill :)

      Thanks,
      Vinish Gupta
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hi,

        Not Strictly true Vinish, if the SSL cert was only on the PIA/Web then that should not make any difference as you are correct it is based on hostname and certainly should not require a new SSL cert, if however it is loaded on a load balancer (not a PIA/Web) then the certificate may need reloaded onto a specific VIP (if that changes) I am assuming you are just talking about Server IP changes Saro?

        Paul

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Vinish Gupta <vinish.gupta82@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > IP change is nowhere going to affect your SSL certificate as SSL certificate is issued on Hostname of server and in your case Hostname will remain same.
        > So not to worry.
        > Just chill :)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Vinish Gupta

      • srisaro
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2012
          Thanks Vinish.
          Thanks Paul.

          Sorry for the late reply. Has been to India on vacation.