PSQRYSRV logs

  • raviprasad16386
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2012
      Hi,

      Is there any option to log the record of queries(Ex: SQL of query) that run on online especially through PSQRYSRV or PSAPPSRV. I want to track the queries that run online by users.

      Thanks
      Ravi
    • the_dragon Draco
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2012
        Check in the PeopleTools menu in the app.

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

        It's not Rocket Surgery!

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 20, 2012
          Hi,

          Could you please let me the Navigation path in People Tools menu.

          Note :- We have not enabled the Performance Monitor.

          Thanks
          RAvi

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the_dragon Draco <ceprn@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
          > any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
          > written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
          > violation of referenced statutes. If you have received this message in
          > error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to
          >
          > Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
          > M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc. All rights reserved.
          >

          > To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          > From: vishwahadagali@...
          > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:35:09 +0000
          > Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PSQRYSRV logs
          >

          > Hi,
          >
          > Is there any option to log the record of queries(Ex: SQL of query) that run on online especially through PSQRYSRV or PSAPPSRV. I want to track the queries that run online by users.

        • the_dragon Draco

            From: vishwahadagali@...
            Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:02:11 +0000
            Subject: Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PSQRYSRV logs

            Hi,

            Could you please let me the Navigation path in People Tools menu.

            Note :- We have not enabled the Performance Monitor.

            Thanks
            RAvi

            --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the_dragon Draco <ceprn@...> wrote:

            > Check in the PeopleTools menu in the app.
            >
            > peace,
            > clark 'the dragon' willis
            >

            > To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            > From: vishwahadagali@...
            > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:35:09 +0000
            > Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PSQRYSRV logs
            >

            > Hi,
            >
            > Is there any option to log the record of queries(Ex: SQL of query) that run on online especially through PSQRYSRV or PSAPPSRV. I want to track the queries that run online by users.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Ravi

          • jagat
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012
              The best possible option is to set the sql trace for PSQRYSRV. In your application server config file (psappsrv.cfg), set the sqltrace value for reading sql queries.

              Thanks
              Jagadatma

              --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "raviprasad16386" <vishwahadagali@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Is there any option to log the record of queries(Ex: SQL of query) that run on online especially through PSQRYSRV or PSAPPSRV. I want to track the queries that run online by users.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Ravi

            • rrikame
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
                In Oracle you can run v$session query and check for program='PSQUERY' and get the SQL.

                -Rajan

                --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "jagat" <jagadatma@...> wrote:

                > The best possible option is to set the sql trace for PSQRYSRV. In your application server config file (psappsrv.cfg), set the sqltrace value for reading sql queries.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Jagadatma
                >
                > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "raviprasad16386" <vishwahadagali@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > Is there any option to log the record of queries(Ex: SQL of query) that run on online especially through PSQRYSRV or PSAPPSRV. I want to track the queries that run online by users.
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Ravi

              • the_dragon Draco
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 15, 2012
                  There is a way to grab them down in peopletools: ??  Query manager ??

                  To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
                  From: rrikame@...
                  Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 03:37:58 +0000
                  Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: PSQRYSRV logs