Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum CMDTUX_CAT 1685 - Application Server Initialization Failure - AppServer Boot Issue - First Time

  • Sunil Reddy
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 27, 2011
      Hey Manoj,

      You said that you have setup the ODBC correctly but could you confirm if you have configured a 32 bit connection or 64 bit connection?

      On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Manoj Negi <negi2u@...> wrote:

      Hello Everyone,

      I am getting CMDTUX_CAT 1685 (Error: Application Intiialization Failure) error followed by CMDTUX_CAT 827 (Fatal Error) while booting AppSever. Application Sever log file says -

      "Database Signon: Invalid accessid or password for database signon. Make sure your ODBC data source is configured under the same user as the tuxipc sevice."

      Platform Details
      Tools/App Release - PT 8.52/HR 9.1
      Database - SQL Sever 2008 64 Bit
      Webserver - Weblogic 11g - 32 Bit
      AppServer - Tuxedo 11g - 32 Bit
      OS  - Windows Sever 2008 64 Bit
      Everything is setup in one box only...

      I am able to login into the AppDesigner/Data Mover without any issue. I am not able to find out why AppSever is throwing this error. I have verified the following things -

      1) ODBC is setup properly.

      2) Environment path includes the TUX bin directory path. TUX_DIR variable is defined.

      3) Tuxedo service is started under "Administrator" and logged in user is also "Administrator".

      4) Database user people has access to PSSTATUS, PSACCESSPRFL and PSOPRDEFN. connect.sql has been run during the installation.

      5) AccessID/AccessPswd in the PSSTATUS, PSACCESSPRFL records are encrypted and this entry is checked twice. ENCRYPT_PASSWORD * command is run couple of time to ensure that this issue is not because of password.

      6) Verified that Tuxedo service is running and process id is visible in Task Monitor.

      7) Checked that AppSever ports 9000, 7000 and 9100 are not being used by anyother process using netstat -an command.

      8) Password mentioned in PSADMIN console are correct.

      If you know anything else apart form this which could cause this issue, please let me know. I will appreciate your quick response.

      Thanks,
      Manoj

    • Wynne, Julie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2012

        You don’t mention if this is a fresh install or a copy – if it’s a copy, check that you have set the database name correctly in psdbowner

[...]

        Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.
      • Deepanshu_elc12
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2012
          Psdbowner table does not exist in a SQL Sever PS Environment. It exists with Oracle and DB2 RDBMS since they have table spaces.

          Cheers
          Deepanshu

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Dhanasekaran Koteeswaran
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012

            Hi Wynne,
            Please be noted that PSDBOWNER Table will be present only on the Oracle Installation and not on SQL Server installation.
            In Manoj's scenario, he is using SQL Server and not Oracle so this table will not be there.

            with regards
            Dhanasekaran.K

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            From: J.Wynne@...
            Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:45:54 +0000

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012
              It's fresh install...

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012

                Check comparability of all software.
                some times if you install wrong tuxedo or install in wrong os.

                Thanks & Regards,
                Praveen Kumar

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 12, 2012
                  HI Manoj,
                  Please use 64bit tuxedo if you are using 64bit OS. It should resolve your issues.

                  Thanks
                  Jagat

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012

                    OK thanks – only ever used Oracle with peoplesoft J

                    From: J.Wynne@...
                    Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:45:54 +0000

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 27, 2012
                      Thanks Everyone! I figured this one out by tracing AppSever log... It was issue with 64 bit platform...

                      Thanks,
                      Manoj

                      From: J.Wynne@...
                      Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:45:54 +0000