RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2011
      This script might give you some ideas -
      http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
      http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2011
        You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that fixed.  The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't work any more.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: david.kurtz@...
        Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000
        Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours

        This script might give you some ideas -
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

        DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
        http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

      • AnKh
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
          Hi Clark,

          In normal work load we dont need to bounce the IB frequently.
          But in the peak load time like.. Year end.. system needs rebooting.

          Regards,
          Anu

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

          > You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that fixed. The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't work any more.
          >
          > peace,
          > clark 'the dragon' willis
          >

          > To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          > From: david.kurtz@...
          > Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000
          > Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours
          >

          > This script might give you some ideas -
          > http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh
          >
          > regards
          > _________________________
          > David Kurtz
          > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
          > tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
          > fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
          > mailto:david.kurtz@...
          > web: www.go-faster.co.uk
          > Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
          > DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
          > http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        • Vishwa Hadagali
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
            Hi Anu,

            You can CRON your script in order to automate it. We have script to bounce the app server automatically. You can refer below script to CRON it and it shoots an email for successful or unsuccessful execution of the script.

            #!/usr/bin/bash
            . ~/.profile

            cd /home
            rm app_bounce.out
            capture=/home/app_bounce.out
            START=$(date +%s)

            email="recepeitns@..."

            cd /home/psfin850/PT850/appserv

            date > $capture

            echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
            echo "        The PTDMO app server is shutting down         " >>$capture
            echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
            psadmin -c shutdown -d PTDMO >> $capture

            more $capture | grep -i ERROR

            if [ $? == "0" ]
            then

            echo "" >>$capture
            echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
            echo "          ERROR: Could not shut the app server down  " >> $capture
            echo " !!!!!!!! Please look into the logs !!!!!!!!! " >>$capture
            echo "=====================================================" >>$capture

            more $capture | mail -s "Application server shut down failure" ${email}

                else

                sleep 60

                echo "" >>$capture
                echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                echo "           Cleaning the IPC Resources                " >>$capture
                echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                psadmin -c cleanipc -d PTDMO >>$capture

                sleep 20

                echo "" >>$capture
                echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                echo "             Bringing the app server up              " >>$capture
                echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                psadmin -c boot -d PTDMO >>$capture
                more $capture | grep -i ERROR

                if [ $? == "0" ]
                then

                echo "" >>$capture
                echo "=======================================================================" >>$capture
                echo "           Boot Failure : Application server could not boot up         " >> $capture
                echo " !!!!!!! Application server encountered the errors while booting up !!!!!! " >>$capture
                echo "=======================================================================" >>$capture
                more $capture | mail -s "Application server Boot failure" ${email}

                    else
                    echo "" >>$capture
                    echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                    echo "              Application server status              " >>$capture
                    echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                    psadmin -c sstatus -d PTDMO >> $capture
                    END=$(date +%s)
                    DIFF=$(( $END - $START))

                    echo "" >>$capture
                    echo "******** App server restarted in $DIFF seconds **********" >> $capture
                    more $capture | mail -s "Application server restarted successfully !!!" ${email}

                fi
            fi

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            From: david.kurtz@...
            Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000

            This script might give you some ideas -
            http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

            DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
            http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

            Warm Regards
            Vishwanath B. Hadagali
          • AnKh
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
              Hi Vishwa,

              Thanks a lot.

              --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Vishwa Hadagali <vishwahadagali@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >>$capture
              > psadmin -c sstatus -d PTDMO >> $capture
              > END=$(date +%s)
              > DIFF=$(( $END - $START))
              >
              > echo "" >>$capture
              > echo "******** App server restarted in $DIFF seconds **********" >>
              > $capture
              > more $capture | mail -s "Application server restarted successfully
              > !!!" ${email}
              >
              > fi
              > fi
              >
              > On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to
              > > bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to
              > > bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that
              > > fixed. The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't

            • AnKh
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011

                Hi Vishwa,

                I have selected the appserv status commands from the script...

                my script looks like...
                #!/bin/sh
                #. ~/.profile
                clear
                echo "=============================================================="
                echo "Running the app.sh script to check the status of the Appserver Domains"
                echo "==================================================================="

                cd /u02
                rm app_status*.out
                for domain in `cat /u02/psoft/appserv/list.txt`
                do
                echo ""
                echo ""
                echo ""

                capture=/u02/app_status_$domain.out
                START=$(date +%D)

                email="XXXX@..."

                cd /u02/psoft/appserv

                date > $capture
                        echo "" >>$capture
                        echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                        echo "              Application server status $domain      " >>$capture
                        echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                        ./psadmin -c sstatus -d $domain >> $capture
                   more $capture | mail -s "Application server $domain status " ${email}
                echo "====================================================="
                echo "Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_$domain"
                echo "====================================================="
                done

                The log file output is fine.. but the problem is the on screen output which is as follows..

                Running the app.sh script to check the status of the Appserver Domains

                tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                All Rights Reserved.
                Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                Tuxedo is a registered trademark.
                Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_HCMDEMO

                tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                All Rights Reserved.
                Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                Tuxedo is a registered trademark.
                Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_FINDEMO

                I wish if i can redirect the onscreen output in the inverted commas below to the log file
                 "tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                All Rights Reserved.
                Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                Tuxedo is a registered trademark.

                One more thing I am not receiving the email, why?

                Pls. suggest...

                Thanks in Advance
                Anu Khurana

              • Vishwa Hadagali
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
                  You most welcome....

                  Thanks
                  Vishwa

                  --
                  Warm Regards
                  Vishwanath B. Hadagali
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011

                    AnKh:

                      Until today, I read your messages…

                      I attach my script that I use for shutdown Process Scheduler and Application Server on Maintenance.

                      The basic steps are: Shutdown, clean ipc, and show status of both ( PS and AS )

                    I save a little log and send by Email.

                    I’m using http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/ to send email, because my server is on intranet and we only send email for authorized servers.

                    Some parts are in Spanish, but the commands are the same. ( I’m using PeopleTools 8.49.30 ).

                    #!/bin/ksh

                    # JAJUPA For Shutdown Process Scheduler y Application Server on Maintence.

                    # Que tome las variables de Ambiente

                    IS_PS_PLT="N";export IS_PS_PLT

                    . /psdb/PT8.45/psconfig.sh

                    FechaMon=`date "+%y%m%d"`

                    FechaHoy=`date "+%y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S"`

                    cd /psdb/PT8.45/appserv

                    echo $FechaHoy > /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    export ORACLE_SID=HRREG

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # INICIA BAJA HRREG PROCESS SCHEDULER

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo 'Comienza Baja HRREG Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -p stop -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Termina Baja HRREG Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # INICIA BAJA HRREG APPLICATION SERVER

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Comienza Baja HRREG Application Server  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -c shutdown! -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Termina Baja HRREG Application Server  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # INICIA HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Comienza HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -p cleanipc -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo '\n Termina HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # INICIA HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Application Server

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Comienza HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -c cleanipc -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo '\n Termina HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # MUESTRA HRREG EL ESTATUS DEL PROCESS SCHEDULER

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Comienza HRREG Status del Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -p status -d HRREG >>  /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Termina HRREG  Status del Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    # MUESTRA HRREG EL ESTATUS DEL APPLICATION SERVER

                    # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Comienza HRREG Status del Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    ./psadmin -c sstatus -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    echo 'Termina HRREG  Status del Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                    # Procedo a enviar notificacion

                    cadena=`cat /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt`

                    cd /psdb/utilerias/sendEmail

                    RES=`./sendEmail \

                    -f jose-antonio.juarez@...  \

                    -t jose-antonio.juarez@...  \

                    -u "Comienza BAJA de servicios por Respaldo Server PRODUCTIVO $FechaHoy  " \

                    -m "Status BAJA de servicios por Respaldo Server PRODUCTIVO: \n  $cadena" \

                    -s forwarder.gm.com    \

                    `