Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours

  • AnKh
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2011
      Hi All,

      While monitoring the Integration broker we come across certain issues in integration broker like job getting stuck in new, taking large time in processing.

      For this we need to bounce the Integration broker of the active domain (currently we have two domains App1 and App2 of which only one is active at a time).
      Currently I do this by

      Chk the active domain
      ./psadmin
      Application Server
      Administer a Domain
      Tuxedo command line
      > shutdown -g PUBSUB
      > boot -g PUBSUB

      In peak load times we need to bounce the IB after every two hours.

      Can anyone help me with a script which will do this on its own or any better way / fast way to do this.

      Thanks,
      Anu Khurana
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2011
        This script might give you some ideas -
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

        DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
        http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2011
          You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that fixed.  The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't work any more.

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: david.kurtz@...
          Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000
          Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours

          This script might give you some ideas -
          http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

          DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
          http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        • AnKh
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
            Hi Clark,

            In normal work load we dont need to bounce the IB frequently.
            But in the peak load time like.. Year end.. system needs rebooting.

            Regards,
            Anu

            --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

            > You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that fixed. The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't work any more.
            >
            > peace,
            > clark 'the dragon' willis
            >

            > To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            > From: david.kurtz@...
            > Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000
            > Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Script to schedule the restart of the integration broker after x hours
            >

            > This script might give you some ideas -
            > http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh
            >
            > regards
            > _________________________
            > David Kurtz
            > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
            > tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
            > fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
            > mailto:david.kurtz@...
            > web: www.go-faster.co.uk
            > Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
            > DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
            > http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

          • Vishwa Hadagali
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
              Hi Anu,

              You can CRON your script in order to automate it. We have script to bounce the app server automatically. You can refer below script to CRON it and it shoots an email for successful or unsuccessful execution of the script.

              #!/usr/bin/bash
              . ~/.profile

              cd /home
              rm app_bounce.out
              capture=/home/app_bounce.out
              START=$(date +%s)

              email="recepeitns@..."

              cd /home/psfin850/PT850/appserv

              date > $capture

              echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
              echo "        The PTDMO app server is shutting down         " >>$capture
              echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
              psadmin -c shutdown -d PTDMO >> $capture

              more $capture | grep -i ERROR

              if [ $? == "0" ]
              then

              echo "" >>$capture
              echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
              echo "          ERROR: Could not shut the app server down  " >> $capture
              echo " !!!!!!!! Please look into the logs !!!!!!!!! " >>$capture
              echo "=====================================================" >>$capture

              more $capture | mail -s "Application server shut down failure" ${email}

                  else

                  sleep 60

                  echo "" >>$capture
                  echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                  echo "           Cleaning the IPC Resources                " >>$capture
                  echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                  psadmin -c cleanipc -d PTDMO >>$capture

                  sleep 20

                  echo "" >>$capture
                  echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                  echo "             Bringing the app server up              " >>$capture
                  echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                  psadmin -c boot -d PTDMO >>$capture
                  more $capture | grep -i ERROR

                  if [ $? == "0" ]
                  then

                  echo "" >>$capture
                  echo "=======================================================================" >>$capture
                  echo "           Boot Failure : Application server could not boot up         " >> $capture
                  echo " !!!!!!! Application server encountered the errors while booting up !!!!!! " >>$capture
                  echo "=======================================================================" >>$capture
                  more $capture | mail -s "Application server Boot failure" ${email}

                      else
                      echo "" >>$capture
                      echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                      echo "              Application server status              " >>$capture
                      echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                      psadmin -c sstatus -d PTDMO >> $capture
                      END=$(date +%s)
                      DIFF=$(( $END - $START))

                      echo "" >>$capture
                      echo "******** App server restarted in $DIFF seconds **********" >> $capture
                      more $capture | mail -s "Application server restarted successfully !!!" ${email}

                  fi
              fi

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              From: david.kurtz@...
              Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:48:11 +0000

              This script might give you some ideas -
              http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxcycle.sh

              DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
              http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

              Warm Regards
              Vishwanath B. Hadagali
            • AnKh
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
                Hi Vishwa,

                Thanks a lot.

                --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Vishwa Hadagali <vishwahadagali@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >>$capture
                > psadmin -c sstatus -d PTDMO >> $capture
                > END=$(date +%s)
                > DIFF=$(( $END - $START))
                >
                > echo "" >>$capture
                > echo "******** App server restarted in $DIFF seconds **********" >>
                > $capture
                > more $capture | mail -s "Application server restarted successfully
                > !!!" ${email}
                >
                > fi
                > fi
                >
                > On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > You should certainly look at David's script HOWEVER, if you have to
                > > bounce your integration broker every 2 hours, you need to quit trying to
                > > bandaid the situation, find out what the real problem is and get that
                > > fixed. The alternative is waking up one morning to a system that doesn't

              • AnKh
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011

                  Hi Vishwa,

                  I have selected the appserv status commands from the script...

                  my script looks like...
                  #!/bin/sh
                  #. ~/.profile
                  clear
                  echo "=============================================================="
                  echo "Running the app.sh script to check the status of the Appserver Domains"
                  echo "==================================================================="

                  cd /u02
                  rm app_status*.out
                  for domain in `cat /u02/psoft/appserv/list.txt`
                  do
                  echo ""
                  echo ""
                  echo ""

                  capture=/u02/app_status_$domain.out
                  START=$(date +%D)

                  email="XXXX@..."

                  cd /u02/psoft/appserv

                  date > $capture
                          echo "" >>$capture
                          echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                          echo "              Application server status $domain      " >>$capture
                          echo "=====================================================" >>$capture
                          ./psadmin -c sstatus -d $domain >> $capture
                     more $capture | mail -s "Application server $domain status " ${email}
                  echo "====================================================="
                  echo "Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_$domain"
                  echo "====================================================="
                  done

                  The log file output is fine.. but the problem is the on screen output which is as follows..

                  Running the app.sh script to check the status of the Appserver Domains

                  tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                  All Rights Reserved.
                  Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Tuxedo is a registered trademark.
                  Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_HCMDEMO

                  tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                  All Rights Reserved.
                  Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Tuxedo is a registered trademark.
                  Pls. refer logs at /u02/app_status_FINDEMO

                  I wish if i can redirect the onscreen output in the inverted commas below to the log file
                   "tmadmin - Copyright (c) 1996-1999 BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Portions * Copyright 1986-1997 RSA Data Security, Inc.
                  All Rights Reserved.
                  Distributed under license by BEA Systems, Inc.
                  Tuxedo is a registered trademark.

                  One more thing I am not receiving the email, why?

                  Pls. suggest...

                  Thanks in Advance
                  Anu Khurana

                • Vishwa Hadagali
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
                    You most welcome....

                    Thanks
                    Vishwa

                    --
                    Warm Regards
                    Vishwanath B. Hadagali
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011

                      AnKh:

                        Until today, I read your messages…

                        I attach my script that I use for shutdown Process Scheduler and Application Server on Maintenance.

                        The basic steps are: Shutdown, clean ipc, and show status of both ( PS and AS )

                      I save a little log and send by Email.

                      I’m using http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/ to send email, because my server is on intranet and we only send email for authorized servers.

                      Some parts are in Spanish, but the commands are the same. ( I’m using PeopleTools 8.49.30 ).

                      #!/bin/ksh

                      # JAJUPA For Shutdown Process Scheduler y Application Server on Maintence.

                      # Que tome las variables de Ambiente

                      IS_PS_PLT="N";export IS_PS_PLT

                      . /psdb/PT8.45/psconfig.sh

                      FechaMon=`date "+%y%m%d"`

                      FechaHoy=`date "+%y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S"`

                      cd /psdb/PT8.45/appserv

                      echo $FechaHoy > /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      export ORACLE_SID=HRREG

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # INICIA BAJA HRREG PROCESS SCHEDULER

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo 'Comienza Baja HRREG Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -p stop -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Termina Baja HRREG Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # INICIA BAJA HRREG APPLICATION SERVER

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Comienza Baja HRREG Application Server  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -c shutdown! -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Termina Baja HRREG Application Server  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # INICIA HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Comienza HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -p cleanipc -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo '\n Termina HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # INICIA HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Application Server

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Comienza HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -c cleanipc -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo '\n Termina HRREG Clean IPC resources of a Process Scheduler  \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # MUESTRA HRREG EL ESTATUS DEL PROCESS SCHEDULER

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Comienza HRREG Status del Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -p status -d HRREG >>  /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Termina HRREG  Status del Process Scheduler \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      # MUESTRA HRREG EL ESTATUS DEL APPLICATION SERVER

                      # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      echo '------------------------------------------------------ \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Comienza HRREG Status del Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      ./psadmin -c sstatus -d HRREG >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      echo 'Termina HRREG  Status del Application Server \n ' >> /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt

                      # Procedo a enviar notificacion

                      cadena=`cat /psdb/utilerias/monitoreotuxedo/logsfinsem/Logfinsem-baja-$FechaMon.txt`

                      cd /psdb/utilerias/sendEmail

                      RES=`./sendEmail \

                      -f jose-antonio.juarez@...  \

                      -t jose-antonio.juarez@...  \

                      -u "Comienza BAJA de servicios por Respaldo Server PRODUCTIVO $FechaHoy  " \

                      -m "Status BAJA de servicios por Respaldo Server PRODUCTIVO: \n  $cadena" \

                      -s forwarder.gm.com    \

                      `