Timeout parameter for the Process Scheduler & Application Server

  • tom12l
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2011
      When we do a cold backup of our Oracle test databases we lose the connection from our Process Schedulers and Application servers. What parameter in the configuration files do I need to change in order to increae the timeout limit?
      We are running on Peopletools 8.49 with windows and linux servers.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2011
        You don't.  They give up after 30 minutes, and you should be shutting down the front end before you do a back up anyway.  On top of all that, you should only ever need a single back up of DMO, because it isn't supposed to be changing except for PS delivered code - perhaps you should consider a sandbox environment if it is.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: toml12@...
        Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 19:40:46 +0000
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Timeout parameter for the Process Scheduler & Application Server

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2011
          In retrospect, ignore everything after the first sentence; I have no clue where I got the idea it was a DMO environment.

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: ceprn@...
          Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:26:38 -0600

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com