RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum How to apply HCM - 9.1 MultiLingual Maintenance Pack

  • Dhanasekaran Koteeswaran
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2011
      Thanks for the reply and for your support "the dragon"...

      I do understand that if i wrongly apply, it will screw up the environment.

      Here in my environment, we got Unicode_ENABLED=1 which is a unicode and we got 5 Languages installed (ENG,ESP,FRA,GER,POR).

      So i would prefer to install Maintenance Pack with ML....  Please suggest me.???

      with regards

      Dhanasekaran.K

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: ceprn@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:58:09 -0600
      Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum How to apply HCM - 9.1 MultiLingual Maintenance Pack

      Well, before you go installing an ML MP, you need to make certain your DB and app are ML to start with.  You can't just install an ML and have it affect everything that's already there; and it will screw everything up if your app and DB aren't ML capabale, ESPECIALLY if you're thinking about multi-byte (aka unicode) ML languages.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: gkdhanush@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:10:22 +0000

      I want to install the maintenance packs for HCM 9.1 and I want to use the other language which includes English also. Should I need to install the maintenance packs Multi-Language alone or I must install both the Maintenance Pack (Enlgish Pack) and Multi-Language pack???

      For example, should I install the PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources Management System and Campus Solutions 9.1 - Maintenance Pack 4 - Multi-Language only or both the PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources Management System and Campus Solutions 9.1 - Maintenance Pack 4 and PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS and Campus Solutions 9.1 - Maintenance Pack 4 - Multi-Language?