Re: People Soft DB migration

  • smiggers11
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2011
      SQL Server can be a good option for many companies. We use PeopleSoft 8.9 FSCM on SQL Server and our DB is 600GB. I can backup this DB in 15 mins, I have no performance issues and the database looks after itself.

      I have heard of a number of companies recently doing this oracle to SQL server migration primarily driven by escalating Oracle license costs. You're best bet is to post on the OTN forums for PeopleSoft in the hope that they are listening. It would not be proper for me to share their details without permission.

      SQL Server 2005 and 2008 is still used by many PeopleSoft customers. Hilton Hotels, Boise Packaging, BDO Accountants, and many more. Lost rack of the numbers but I'll bet at least 30% of all PS customers. At the time of the acquisition 50% of customers were NOT on Oracle DBMS.

      regards
      Graham

      http://i-like-trains.blogspot.com/