People Soft DB migration

  • imtiaz awan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2011
      Does anybody ever do a migration from PeopleSoft on Oracle on windows 2008  Platform to SQL Server on Windows 2008 Platform ?

      Thanks
      Imtiaz Awan

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2011
        Usually, companies are getting bigger and need a more scalable and stable databases, so they are usually going from something else *to* Oracle.

        perace,
        clark 'the dragon' willis

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        CC: david.kurtz@...
        From: huzaifahi@...
        Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 02:40:16 -0700
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum People Soft DB migration

        Does anybody ever do a migration from PeopleSoft on Oracle on windows 2008  Platform to SQL Server on Windows 2008 Platform ?

        Thanks
        Imtiaz Awan

      • deepanshu sharma
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2011
          I agree migration from Oracle to Sql Server is not a good option. What is the size of your Oracle DB?

          Deepanshu

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          CC: david.kurtz@...
          From: huzaifahi@...
          Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 02:40:16 -0700

          Does anybody ever do a migration from PeopleSoft on Oracle on windows 2008  Platform to SQL Server on Windows 2008 Platform ?

          Thanks
          Imtiaz Awan

        • smiggers11
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 17, 2011
            SQL Server can be a good option for many companies. We use PeopleSoft 8.9 FSCM on SQL Server and our DB is 600GB. I can backup this DB in 15 mins, I have no performance issues and the database looks after itself.

            I have heard of a number of companies recently doing this oracle to SQL server migration primarily driven by escalating Oracle license costs. You're best bet is to post on the OTN forums for PeopleSoft in the hope that they are listening. It would not be proper for me to share their details without permission.

            SQL Server 2005 and 2008 is still used by many PeopleSoft customers. Hilton Hotels, Boise Packaging, BDO Accountants, and many more. Lost rack of the numbers but I'll bet at least 30% of all PS customers. At the time of the acquisition 50% of customers were NOT on Oracle DBMS.

            regards
            Graham

            http://i-like-trains.blogspot.com/