2 version of DB in the same server...

  • Juarez, Jose Antonio
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
      I'm looking information/tips/tricks to have 2 different DataBases ( Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 and Oracle Database 11.1.0.7.0 ) in the same server, with the same peopletools 8.49.30 version, and the same WebServer WebSphere...somebody know where to find information ?   Right Now, I have 2 DB Instances with 9.2.0.8.0 and I want to add 2 new instances but with 11.1.0.7.0 )

      Thanks in advance...
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011

        As long as you're on Unix and can control the pathing, I think it shouldn't be an issue.  If you're using some craptastic psuedoOS like Windoze, I am not certain that would work out.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: jose-antonio.juarez@...
        Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:57:39 +0100
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum 2 version of DB in the same server...

        I'm looking information/tips/tricks to have 2 different DataBases ( Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 and Oracle Database 11.1.0.7.0 ) in the same server, with the same peopletools 8.49.30 version, and the same WebServer WebSphere...somebody know where to find information ?   Right Now, I have 2 DB Instances with 9.2.0.8.0 and I want to add 2 new instances but with 11.1.0.7.0 )

        Thanks in advance...

      • Wynne, Julie
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011

          Hi

          We are on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 and have been working with multiple versions of Oracle for ages.  Works fine.  As Clark says, you just need to set the paths correctly.

          Julie

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: jose-antonio.juarez@...
          Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:57:39 +0100