Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Difference between Peopletools 8.50 to 8.51

  • Nicolas Gasparotto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
      Hello,
      Wether "Testing Framework" is new from within 8.51, I don't think we can call it a beta... It is there for real life with all the subsequent support, and not for testing only.
      Anyway, that question has been raised a couple of hours ago over here, so same answer :
      Regards,

      Nicolas.

      On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

      Something called "Testing Framework" is in Beta, prior to the 8.52 release.  I'd check the release notes for 8.51.  One of my coworkers produced a document of the important (to use) differences, but I can't find it at the moment; if I do, I will forward it.

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

      and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

      It's not Rocket Surgery!

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
      you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
      people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
      "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
      by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

      "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
      I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

      "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
      of religions."

      SIGNATURE :
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
      with ketchup.
      You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
      Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
      Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
      A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
      When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
      rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
      order; the alternative is anarchy.
      M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

      Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
      aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

      Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
      The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
      for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

      NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
      States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
      confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
      of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
      message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
      any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
      written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
      violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
      error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

      Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
      M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      From: dorsala.psdba@...
      Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:13:29 +0000
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Difference between Peopletools 8.50 to 8.51

      Hi All,

      Can an one help me in finding out Difference between Peopletools 8.50 to 8.51

      Thnaks&Regards
      Prasad

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
        True, yet I found this when I was researching it yesterday "One of the most talked about features of the 8.51 release of PeopleTools is getting better and easier to use with proposed enhancements in the 8.52 release. ", so I had guessed they were doing what they have done in the past and sending stuff out the door "for future use"

        Actually, the notes I found were for 8.51 new functionality.

        peace,
        clark 'the dragonm' willis

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011

          You might consider looking at the Cumulative Feature Overview Tool (CFO) for PeopleTools.  It does exactly what you’re after.

          https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=793143.1

          There are 149 ‘features’ in Tools 8.51 that are not in 8.50.

          Duncan