psae process stmt in cet

    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2011
      morning.

      One of my DBAs has seen the following sql running about 30,000 times a day, and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about it...  is it an issue?  is there a solution? does bread with jelly on it also land upside down when you drop it? Why is it upside down, rather than downside up?

      PT    8.17
      SCM 8 Sp 2
      Oracle 9.2.0.8
      OS = Windoze 2000

      I personally think it's "black box" PTools level app engine code.  It seems to only be occurring in one environment (production (of course)), so we can't really load it down with a bunch of tracing withput papal dispensation, and a blood offering.

      It may be part of a PSJob, and in this antiquated version of PTools, the PSJob can't be exploded in Process Monitor.

      Peace,
      clark 'the dragon' willis

      INSERT /*+ IDX(0) */ INTO "PSCOMMON"."MLOG$_PS_ORD_LINE" (dmltype$$,old_new$$,snaptime$$,change_vector$$,m_row$$) VALUES (:d,:o,to_date('4000-01-01:00:00:00','YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS'),:c,:m)

      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2011
        It looks like a materialised view log to me.

        DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2011
          Someone has created a Materialized View Log on the PS_ORD_LINE table in the PSCOMMON schema.

          So, apparently, there's also an MV based on this (and other ?) tables.

          Hemant K Chitale