Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Changing the password for VP1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • deepanshu sharma
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16 12:02 AM
      You can follow below steps:

      1. Log in to PIA and change the password of VP1 or PS.
      2. Stop the Web Server
      3. Stop the Application and Process Scheduler and update the config files with new password.
      4. Reconfigure the domains
      5. Restart App/Web and Process Scheduler domains
      6. Log in to PIA ---Integration Broker --> nodes and then re authenticate your local nodes with the new password
      7. Run a report and see if it is posting successfully.

      Please test the same in Non Production Environment first.
      In most of the production Environments we should be using a unique ID for starting all the App and Process Scheduler domains (Not VP1 or PS).

      Thanks
      Deepanshu

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16 3:17 AM
          VP1's password, as the "key to the system" should be changed on a regular basis - probably every 90 days, when it may have been compromised and when a person who has the password leaves the team.  It should not be used in the manner in which you're using it - you should create a user with limited access to start your apps and for use in other areas of your system where you are currently using VP1, such as those identified.

          peace,
          clark

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2011

            This is hard to explain, but I will try - We have 2 HRMS environments on the same UAT server, both identical except that one is a copy of production from 48 hours ago, the other is only 24 hours old. Both on the same Toolset (PT8.49.07) running on the same Windows 2003 servers on MS SQL 2005 (SP4).

            Same build (PS_HOME etc) as far as I can tell (and both using SNAC System DSNs for ODBC database connection) - so the biggest difference is the data is 1 day different.

            There is some SQL which returns 2 job data rows:

            SELECT J.EFFDT

            FROM PS_JOB J

            WHERE J.EMPLID = '108373'

            AND EMPL_RCD = 0

            AND J.EFFDT = (SELECT MAX(EFFDT)

            FROM PS_JOB JOB

            WHERE JOB.EMPLID = J.EMPLID

            AND JOB.EMPL_RCD = J.EMPL_RCD

            AND JOB.EFFSEQ = J.EFFSEQ

            AND JOB.EFFDT <= '2011-05-06')

            AND J.EFFSEQ = (SELECT MAX(J1.EFFSEQ)

            FROM PS_JOB J1

            WHERE J1.EMPLID = J.EMPLID

            AND J1.EMPL_RCD = J.EMPL_RCD

            AND J1.EFFDT = J.EFFDT)

            Note – the SQL is functionally dodgy in that it has EFFSEQ clause in EFFDT join – ignore that fact.  There’s also no ORDER BY clause in there (equally dodgy).

            If I run this via SQL Client against both environments I get this result set in both environments:

            2011-01-14

            2011-02-28

            However, if I create a page with a button and display field, and excecute the SQL via PeopleCode against both environments (H9UATMP and H9LAST) I get this:

            H9UATMP:

            2011-01-14

            2011-02-28

            H9LAST:

            2011-02-28

            2011-01-14

            This only appears to have started happening in the last day, and never prior to this.  No major functional changes made to job data in that period, certainly no changes for this employee.  I cannot see why the SQL when run via App Server could return different results. I did a SQL trace and there was no implicit ORDER BY being added by the component processor either.

            I understand the correct thing for a developer to do is specify the ORDER BY clause (and fix the EFFDT clause), so this is more of an academic question that anything else.   My question is how/why would the order of the results be different in 1 environment compared to the other, when run through an app server, and not be replicable via a SQL client?