process scheduler jobs resubmitting twice

  • Wynne, Julie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011

      Hi

      We have a number of process scheduler jobs that have a recurrence schedule .

      This morning, every time the jobs ran, they re-submitted themselves twice.  We restarted the process scheduler, cancelled about 100 jobs, and the problem went away, until about 3.30 pm when it started again.  I am fairly inexperienced with Peoplesoft and don’t really know where to look.  I did check the Message Logs a short while ago and noticed one of the jobs which had run successfully had ‘unique constraint violation’ on the ps_servermonitor table in its message log.    I found a forum post somewhere suggesting possible security issues, and I know the security admin has been doing some changes related to query trees, but I don’t know any details .  Can anyone suggest what might be causing this problem.  We now have around 350 errant jobs in the queue and it will get worse if I can’t clear this problem.

      Thanks

      Julie

    • Wynne, Julie
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011

        Things seem to have gone back to normal without interference.  If anyone can explain what might have happened I’d still be interested to know

        Thanks

        Julie

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011

          Might be, PSPSPRCSRQST and PSPRCSQUE being out of sync.  Truncate the tables to clear them then run the recurrence.

          Thank You

          Raj.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
            Hi Julie

            While setting recurrence for any jobs there are many options which you can choose like daily, weekly any day b/w Mon to Friday. Are you sure there is only one type of recurrence is set for these jobs? There might be multiple recurrences which are set.

            Also for the “unique constraint violation” this error has nothing to do with your problem. It comes whenever any job or process is trying to insert any duplicate data in a record or something. A data which is not unique basically.

            Also if there is any mismatch in between PSPSPRCSRQST and PSPRCSQUE table then the jobs will not even run, they will remain in queued state. You can check the counts of PSPSPRCSRQST and PSPRCSQUE table but I think they should be sync since jobs are running fine at your end.

            Let me know if you have any questions.

            Regards

            Deepanshu