report sharing between two peoplesoft environments

  • Prathap
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
      Experts,

      Throw your thoughts on report sharing between two environments.

      my business req is FMS team wants to their reports in HR ennvironment whithout logging into HR environment.

      I had two thoughts on this

      1) implement desktop sso - ruled out at my place due to multiple LDAPS
      2)implementing POrtal - rules out at my place as it takes some time to implement new product.

      Pls share your view how to go with. Also if your had any experience of it.

      Thanks in advance,
      Prathap
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
        What I hear your problem to be is "my business req is that the FMS team wants to view their HR reports without having to log into HR environment."; I assume this means they want to view them from within FMS.

        I do not believe what you're trying to do is easy or quick, and there are quite a few ways it can go wrong - your best bet is portal, or tell them to quit whining and being LAZY and live within the requirements of the system.

        The only other way I can see to do this is to build something using IB, and FTP that:
        1) syncs ths files from one report repository to the other
        2) syncs the process request tables from one system to the other so the output can be viewed in report repository
        3) syncs the CDM tables between the two systems.

        All of these will be challenging, and sooner or later you're guaranteed to have *BIG* problems when the process instances, report instances and repository instances get all screwed up.

        So, tell your LAZY FSM team to suck it up and use the extra clicks, or wait for the correct solution to be implemented!

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

        It's not Rocket Surgery!

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
          I believe it's possible through the Single Signon. Have you tried settting-up the single sign-on between these two Apps and check this issue?

          Thanks,
          Manoj