Permission list copying from one database to another

  • tom12l
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
      Does anyone have a script to copy a Permission List from one database to another. Or better yet to copy all of the security from one database to another. We are on Oracle 10g.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
        Ummmm, why not just put the PL in a project and migrate it the normal way using application designer?

        But, be careful that you're not copying orphan information - as in pages that don't exist.

        -----Giant Sig file - read at your own risk-----

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

        It's not Rocket Surgery!

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: toml12@...
        Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:47:36 +0000
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Permission list copying from one database to another

        Does anyone have a script to copy a Permission List from one database to another. Or better yet to copy all of the security from one database to another. We are on Oracle 10g.

      • ANDREW GROUT
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
          Tom12l.

          I agree with the Dragon, use application designer to move your roles\permission lists\security trees etcs.

          Oracle should provide datamover scripts to move the data associated with the permission lists (e.g. row level data).

          During our 8.0>8.9 upgrade I worked with the techie (I am a functional BA) to build the application designer projects and datamover scripts.

          Once migrated run your portal sync jobs to identify permission lists with orphaned data (e.g. menu\page combinations).

          Good luck,

          Regards,

          Andrew

          Does anyone have a script to copy a Permission List from one database to another. Or better yet to copy all of the security from one database to another. We are on Oracle 10g.

        • Phillip Bingham
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
            I'm on SQL Server and I have a delivered Data Mover scripts (<PSHOME>\scripts) called securityexport.dms and securityimport.dms.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
              If you need to move everything PeopleSoft delivers DataMover scripts to export/import all security. This includes users, permission lists, roles, directory settings, etc. so I would recommend reviewing it carefully.

              The scripts can be found under \PS_HOME\scripts\ and are called securityexport.dms and securityimport.dms.

              That said, it might still be best to build an App Designer project with just the objects you need. Probably fewer surprises that way.