Does anyone know how to modify the PS CA xml???

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15 11:18 AM
      I am executing a tax update CA job, and as soon as I press the [next] to start the CA job after configuring it, it starts the first step, which is importing the project.  I want to insert a stop on that first step so I can modify the CA job before the first step starts - does anyone know what file to modify (prjnnnnnn.xml in changeassistanttemplate I assume) and how to change the first step from "Run" to "Stop"?

      --------- honking sig file ahead; seatbelts required --------

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

      and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      If a story is worth telling, it's worth embellishing.

      It's not Rocket Surgery!

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
      you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
      people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
      "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
      by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

      "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
      I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

      "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
      of religions."

      SIGNATURE :
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
      with ketchup.
      You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
      Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
      Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
      A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
      When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
      rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
      order; the alternative is anarchy.
      M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

      Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
      aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

      Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
      The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
      for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

      NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
      States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
      confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
      of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
      message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
      any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
      written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
      violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
      error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

      Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
      M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

    • indranil chakraborty
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15 12:34 PM
        can be useful ,the following method,remember its a workaround only, not the recommended way:)

        may be u are using 848 or so ,850 comes along with the solution already.

        1.Open the Change Assistant

        2.Unzip the zip file

        3.In CA goto options -> Create or Modify Template

        4.File -> Import Template [Give the path where you have unzipped the MP or bundle or Taxupadate, There will be a folder called changeassistanttemplate, inside that, there will be a file called prj<updateid>.xml]

        5.Sometimes Import Template wont import properly, Then File -> Open Template -> Select the appropriate Update ID that you have imported just now.

        6.Edit the template and save it
                6.a Select the First Task of CA Template
                6.b Right Click on it -> Insert Task [Enter the task name]
                6.c Right Click on the task that you have just created in step 5.b and select "Insert Step" and give the step name.
                6.d It will automatically opens the "step properties" windows. In "Type" Drop down, select "Manual Stop"

        7.File -> Export Template [Give the path where you have taken the XML file]

        8.Zip it back with the same name [don't change the name as CA recognizes only a particular format and it should match the name which found inside the XML file.]

        Thanks

        Indranil