Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum peoplesoft tablespace error, unable to add new record to databse [1 Attachment]

  • Devesh Padmanabhan
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 2010
      Did you run the setspace.sqr as a part of your installation? If you have not already done that, please do so and you should be able to see the tablespaces to add new records into.

      On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM, md sayeed <mdsayeed_u@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from md sayeed included below]

      I have installed Peoplesoft HRMS but i got strange error, I am not able to add new records(tables) to database, there are no TABLESPACEs avaiable

      Please find attached screen shot of error and dddaudit report

      Environment detail

      1.WINDOWS 2003
      2. ORACLE 10G
      3.PT TOOLS 8.49
      4.APPLICATION 9

      Any   help guys

      Thanks

    • md sayeed
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
        Hi

        I tried re installation even then not able to figure out issue

        Please help me

        Environment detail

        1.WINDOWS 2003
        2. ORACLE 10G
        3.PT TOOLS 8.49
        4.APPLICATION 9

        If you have built your database correctly, and the tablespaces exist, there are a couple of other things you need to do: 1) There is a process that needs to be run - I can not remember the name, but it's in the installation documentation some where. 2) if you're using user PS and you can add tables, but you can't as a created user, then the definition security may be messed up, or the regular security.

        If it's number 1, then you'll also get nothing when you look in the table spaces in aoo designer.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010

          Someone else replied with the answer (the process I couldn't remember below) - you need to run setspace.sqr.  If that doesn't fix the issue, you need to contact Oracle GSC for assistance.

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
            I tried sqr, then also failed

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
              At the risk of sounding unkind, and getting a nasty e-mail from David....  I know the group is set up to help, but I think there is a certain expectation of level of professional competency too.

              *I* could fix this, but then I am a qualified PeopleSoft Admin.  If you're not, and you're trying to represent yourself to a company as one, you need to admit that you're not, and have the company hire a competent PSA.  If you're a DBA who has had this job throust upon you, and you can't get your company to hire a PSA, at least buy David's book "PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA".  And have your company purchase PeopleSoft University training for you in the Server Admin training path.

              If you have downloaded the installation guide, and followed the steps in it, you shouldn't be getting any errors at all.

              If your sqr isn't working, you need to determine why - is the sqr install bad?  Are the environment variables set up correctly?  Are you using a user that has access to the schema?  Can you log onto the schema with the schema owner? Can you use tnsping from the PS_HOME? How are you running the sqr?

              If you're having problems, open a case with Oracle Global Customer Support on metalink and get the answer from them.  If you don't have support purchased, then buy it.

              If you're just dabbling in PeopleSoft for the fun of it, make certain you never put it on your resume.

              peace,
              clark 'the dragon" willis

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              From: mdsayeed_u@...
              Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:24:28 -0700

              I tried sqr, then also failed

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                Clark - 'The Dragon', You did sound very unkind there with that nasty reply. Many a times resources are asked to work on some technology for a short span of time where a complete PSA training is not justified (or the company cannot afford one) and it is under such circumstances that one resorts to taking help from such Internet Groups. I am sure you'd concur that in any internet groups like these there are people of varying experience levels and not everyone claims to be a Qualified PeopleSoft Admin. There are newbies as well as veterans like you. If you can't be nice to them at-least don't demoralize them by using such a harsh tone.

                Sayeed - I believe you are able to run sqr's in your Instance and all your environment variables are set correctly since you were able to run the dddaudit.sqr report to success (your screenshot and the output of the dddaudit report did not come across though). At this point I'd ask you to do check the following:

                - Are all your tablespaces large enough to accomodate any insert/updates(although low in volume) that the setspace.sqr would do? I'd recommend, if space is not a problem, turn on the auto-extend feature for all tablespaces (you can use the hcddl.sql to do it). You can disable it later.

                - If your DDDAUDIT report has problems, you can find ways to fix them in PeopleTools Data Management PeopleBook. (http://www.oracle.com/pls/psft/homepage)

                Is this the only problem that you are facing with your installation? Are you able to access the application online and are the other features of the application available?

                Also when you reply, you should post your reply in a way that will help us understand your problem in a better way rather than posting a one liner which might vex some of the members of the group.

                HTH,
                Devesh

                To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
                From: mdsayeed_u@...
                Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:24:28 -0700

                I tried sqr, then also failed

                To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010

                  Issue resolved, there was some issue with application engine scripts (ai version and portal convert), I run those scripts again and run setspace.sqr and issue resolved

                  thanks a lot to all

                  Davesh your email has given strength to me ,it  was broken when I read Clark message

                  From: mdsayeed_u@...
                  Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:24:28 -0700

                  I tried sqr, then also failed

                  To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                  To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                    I am glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

                    To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
                    From: mdsayeed_u@...
                    Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:11:24 -0700

                    From: mdsayeed_u@...
                    Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:24:28 -0700

                    I tried sqr, then also failed

                    To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                    To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                      Great!

                      Glad I could help - if I actually did, that is! :o)

                      Devesh

                      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
                      From: mdsayeed_u@...
                      Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:11:24 -0700

                      From: mdsayeed_u@...
                      Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:24:28 -0700

                      I tried sqr, then also failed

                      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                        I think this Doc which you should follow to rebuild your enviornment.

                        Isabella

                        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                          I do understand that this was solved.

                          My personal approach is to reduce the uncertainties.
                          I would use the sysadmin user and password and log directly in the database using them (not with PS).
                          Next step is to build a script file (with app designer) and see if you can execute the script file through your command interface (CLP in DB2, sqlplus in Oracle, etc.).
                          So if your account can connect and execute the statement, the next step is to make sure it is ok by resetting in pside (tools...).

                          take care