RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Tuxedo Service Grouping

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
      That is also true.  The PSAPPSRV process handled synchrononous messages.

      But when an async message is received by the IB it is placed on the message queue tables with these Tuxedo services advertised by the PSAPPSRV.
      ASAIK Enqueuing the message onto the tables is synchrononous, though processing the message is asynchronous.
      Which is why it is a good idea to have separate PUBSUB domains to which the IB points.

      The pubsub servers only advertise 4 services.  They spend their time polling the message tables and handing the async messages.
      I think most of the work of handling async message is then done by the handler servers.  I don't think they converse with PSAPPSRV (but that is something that sometime I will check).

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk