Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Any Suggestion of Job Schedulers

  • indranil chakraborty
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
    attachment here attached...can be a good start...

    Regards
    Neel

    On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM, SP <sripingali@...> wrote:

    We are big PeopleSoft shop and my management looking to procure a job scheduler - Various folks on the project suggested the following so far - as everyone knows each has their own pros and cons.

    1) IBM Tivoli workload scheduler
    2) CA Workload Automation
    3) BMC Control - M
    4 OPCON
    5) HP Global Workload Manager

    Any suggestions from anyone which may work  perfectly with PeopleSoft? Based on their experience or exposure or rumors that they have over heard?  Really do not want to talk to these many vendors so looking for some good suggestions.

    Thanks - SP

    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Indranil

    " The problem is not that there are problems..The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem "
    Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      Heh.  In my experience, the only thing that works "perfectly" with peoplesoft is the Process Scheduler.  And, if all you are using is PeopleSoft, that should be adequate.

      Now, having said that, I have seen Control M in action and it was pretty stable.

      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

      Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010

        Hi David,

         EPM 9.1 with tools 8.51. Application tools need to be upgraded from 8.50 to 8.51

        After running rel scripts and CA moved to run the DDLORA dms there I am getting the error "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied " .Not able to login to app designer .Trace file only only the above error is clew.All other table accessing looks fine

           I have verified /done following

          1)dbowner,it has proper entry for database and ownder id

          2) PSSTAUS ownerid is correct

          3)couple of time reset the password in PSACCESSPRFL and encrypted.

          4)PSOPRDEFN password of VP1 updated and encrypted

          5) Run grant.sql ,Verified TNS entry is appropraite

          6) verified the password of people in pscfg.exe

          7)connectivity to databs using accessid and conenctid is workign perfectly

        Please guide me if i need to look further.

        Regards

        Manoj

      • Nicolas Gasparotto
        Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
          Are you on 11g+ ? SYSADM's password in upper case (oracle user and/or in PSACCESSPRFL) ?

          Nicolas.

        • william_gioioso@vanguard.com
          Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010

            We use Control M which has a plug-in for PS process scheduler.  We've been using it for several years.  Product is stable and support is very good.

            --Bill
            CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.