RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: poor performance

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
      If there is ever a second edition it will include a chapter on ASH.  For now, see http://www.go-faster.co.uk/ukougpres.htm#Practical_ASH.ppt

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

      From: psftdba@yahoogroups.com [mailto:psftdba@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Montgomerie, Steve (GSS NA)
      Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:22 PM
      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: poor performance

      Start off my reading David's book - Peoplesoft for the Oracle DBA!

      I have a trigger (taken from David's book) that traces process scheduler jobs with a 10046 event.
      It's saved me so many times. My advice is to get a 10046 trace and look at the output
      to see where your pain points are.

      Steve

      SIEMENS
      Global Shared Services, North America
       “A division of Siemens Corporation”
      3500 Quadrangle Blvd Orlando , Florida 32817

    • Montgomerie, Steve (GSS NA)

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
          Fusion?  Won't that happen about the same time we get flying cars, human cloning and peace in the middle east?  I thought we were supposed to have it already.

          BTW, I have had the displeasure of having to learn SAP administration.  It is a pile of dung and doth smell greatly!

          peace,
          clark

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: steve.montgomerie@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 05:33:11 -0700

          Great work on this David. Your book should really be shipped with each PS order from Oracle.

          I hope you do come out with a new edition - Maybe PS that includes fusion when it finally hits the streets

          SIEMENS
          Global Shared Services, North America
           “A division of Siemens Corporation”
          3500 Quadrangle Blvd Orlando, Florida 32817

        • Nicolas Gasparotto