QUERY LAST RUN DATE/TIME

  • Stephen Fols
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
      Is there a way to tell when the last time a query ran? There is a table called PSQRYSTATS but it is empty. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
        you have to turn on the query statistics.  Under PeopleTools somewhere.

        ------- big honkin' sig file follows; read at your own risk ---------------

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
        From: fols@...
        Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:00:57 -0400
        Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum QUERY LAST RUN DATE/TIME

        Is there a way to tell when the last time a query ran? There is a table called PSQRYSTATS but it is empty. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
          There is only one record in PSQRYSTATS for each query. The statistics are
          an aggregate of all the executions since the tables was last cleared out.
          It was disabled by default from PT8.44.10 because locking problem have been
          reported on some platforms on this record.

          However, if you enable statistics logging on a query (PeopleTools ->
          Utilities -> Admin -> Query Admin) you get a row for each execution in
          PSQRYEXECLOG when it is executed in the query component. That is much more
          useful that having just one set of aggregate figures. It does not log when
          the query is executed in the query designer component. Nor when the query
          is scheduled to run in an AE.

          DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
          http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
            Thanks. We're trying to determine what has not been run in a long time so we can delete them before we upgrade to 9.1.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
              You're not really going to be able to do that, because it doesn't provide a history from before you turn it on - it will only provide history from that point forward.

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              From: fols@...
              Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:45:51 -0400
              Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum QUERY LAST RUN DATE/TIME

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
                Yes I know. We're going to have the owners do the checking. Thanks for all your quick responses.