PSJob Problem

  • Devesh Padmanabhan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2010
      Hi Folks -

      I have PSJob that kicks off a (same) App Engine 10 times parallelly. When I run this Job, most of the App Engines goes to "No Success" and a couple of them run to Success. However when I set the Run Type as 'Serial' for this Job, it runs to success (all 10 of them). Since it had gone to "No Success". I deleted the rows from PS_AERUNCONTROL and PS_AEREQUESTTBL, but that did not help either. Has anyone of you faced a similar problem in the past. If yes, what was done to overcome this problem?

      PS: I have set the Max Concurrent Processes for App Engine to 12 and Max API Aware to 50. I also purged all the Process Scheduler tables (using prcslr.dms and rptclr.dms) to no avail. This App Engine does not use Temp Tables, so the value of no. of Temp Tables Instances is not relevant in this case.

      Thanks for your help in advance.

      -Devesh
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2010
        I am used to using real hardware and a real OS, but have accepted a position managing PeopleSoft on Wintel servers.  Usually, the only thing I need to worry about on Wintel is the PSNT, because most clients understand that Wintel, while cheap, isn't a strong enough platform to run real enterprise solutions.

        Any thoughts would be helpful/useful/appreciated.

        thanks in advance.

        peace,
        claek 'the dragon' willis

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2010
          It seems obvious that the process suses the same rables, and that can't be done.  You'll probably need to run the job serially, or use temporary tables.

          Also, check the process definition of the process - concurency is defined there, too I believe.  HOWEVER, unless this is cusrom process, there is a reason it will be set to concurrency of 1, if that is the case, and I would hesitate to change it from the factory default settings without 1) understanding the indelying code 2) understanding the possible/probabe ranifications 3) testing exhaustively in a non-production environment with production data.

          To: peopletools-l@...; psftdba@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010
            Thank you Clark for your valuable suggestions. The AppEngine is Custom built and apparently the developer did not make use of Temporary Tables and that is the cause of the Job going to "No Success". I'll ask the developer to make use of Temp Tables and that way the Job should run to Success.

            Thanks again for your time!

            Devesh

            On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

            It seems obvious that the process uses the same tables, and that can't be done.  You'll probably need to run the job serially, or use temporary tables.

            Also, check the process definition of the process - concurency is defined there, too I believe.  HOWEVER, unless this is custom process, there is a reason it will be set to concurrency of 1, if that is the case, and I would hesitate to change it from the factory default settings without 1) understanding the indelying code 2) understanding the possible/probabe ranifications 3) testing exhaustively in a non-production environment with production data.

            To: peopletools-l@...; psftdba@yahoogroups.com