Does anyone bother getting PeopleSoft certified anymore? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • BANKS, Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 4:02 PM
      Does anyone bother getting PeopleSoft certified anymore? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

      I have a vague recollection (from pre Oracle days) that you had to get your environments certified by PeopleSoft, typically by them installing the products for you (for $$$ of course).   Without this, your environment would not be supported.  Sounds like that is no longer the case?

      Im currently scoping a Financials 8.9 > 9.1 upgrade and notice in Getting started on your PeopleSoft upgrade (September 2009 document) it refers to this (Task 1-5-4 Choosing a PeopleSoft Installer) that says it is recommended that you have a PeopleSoft installer install the new release.  If you choose to self install, consider having a PeopleSoft installer certify your install.  It also mentions a verification test they run.

      Does anyone have any information on this verification test?  Is it just the ability to sign on, run DDD/SYSAUDIT and a key process from each product type (SQR, COBOL, Crystal, nVision etc)?

      I just looked on MOS and it says (in 656549.1):

      “There is no link between an Oracle Certification of an install and a customer receiving support thru the Global Support  Center.  As long as a customer is current with maintenance, the GSC will provide support for supported versions on PeopleSoft certified platforms.

      We do not provide an Installation Verification Test for our customers.  Our consulting arm that specializes in Installation has such a document but it is for their own use and it is not published on Customer Connection nor is it available to the Global Support Center.   You can contact your Oracle account executive for more information about engaging Oracle consulting.

      The completion of the IVT is not a condition for support by the GSC.  “

      Do you have any other thoughts on this?  I would say if you know what you are doing (have just self installed and gone live with PA9.1/PT850)  and countless other installs in the past 10 years, its not needed.  At least thats the case Ill be putting to management, unless I hear otherwise.

      Thanks

      This e-mail message (along with any attachments) is intended only for the named addressee and could contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any dissemination, copying or use of any of the information is prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by return e-mail if you are not the intended recipient and delete all copies of the original message and attachments.

      This footnote also confirms that this message has been checked for computer viruses.