Urgent - need help with starting app server domain

  • Wynne, Julie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2010

      Hi

      I am having problems starting my app server domain – this is a test/development environment that was working fine on Friday.   During the weekend, some of the functional development team were running some app engine jobs and one of them crashed.  Since then, we are unable to boot the app server.   I don’t really think it’s related to the app server job, but it’s a possibility.   We haven’t changed anything as far as I am aware.  I have asked our Linux team if anything has been changed and they say nothing has happened.

      This is what happens when it tries to boot….

      exec PSWATCHSRV -A -- -ID 193059 -C psappsrv.cfg -D CSTEST -S PSWATCHSRV :

              process id=6470 ... Started.

      exec PSAPPSRV -s@../psappsrv.lst -s@../psqcksrv.lst -sICQuery -sSqlQuery:SqlRequest -- -C psappsrv.cfg -D CSTEST -S PSAPPSRV :

              CMDTUX_CAT:1864: INFO: Process ID=6471 Assume failed (pipe).

      tmboot: CMDTUX_CAT:827: ERROR: Fatal error encountered; initiating user error handler

      exec tmshutdown -qy

      tmboot: CMDTUX_CAT:828: ERROR: Cannot create error process - fork() failed

      Any help greatly appreciated – this is holding up our project and we already have very tight deadlines.

      Thanks

      Julie

      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2010
        1) make certain all the IPCs aclean
        2) get rid of your cache
        3) useing the pf command, make certain all the processes for the app server domain
         are dead - if not, kill them with prejudice
        4) recompile your configuration
        5) restart the domain.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2010

          Hi Clark – thanks for replying.  I have tried all except (4)  without success – what does this mean ?   I’m not familiar with that term – sorry !

          Julie

          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2010
            OK, I am doing this from memory, since I don't have an app server I can bounce right now, so the exact verbiage may be a little off...

            On your server, in your $PS_HOME/appserv run psadmin
            adminster an appserver
            choose the one you want to work with
            I think you want option 4 - something about configuring this domain
            the server will drop
            I think you want "compile this configuration" (option 13? 14?)
            answer the question it asks you with the answers that default in
            -- clear cache
            -- clear IPCs
            start up your domain.

            It should work now.

            To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            From: J.Wynne@...
            Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:45:34 +0100

            From: J.Wynne@ljmu. ac.uk
            Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:57:20 +0100

[...]

          • Devesh Padmanabhan
            Message 5 of 7 , May 4, 2010
              Hi Julie,

              You could try the set of commands that I have pasted below.

              export DOMAIN_NAME='YourAppServerDomain'
              cd $PS_HOME/appserv
              ./psadmin -c cstatus -d $DOMAIN_NAME
              ./psadmin -c shutdown! -d $DOMAIN_NAME
              ./psadmin -c cleanipc -d $DOMAIN_NAME
              ./psadmin -c purge -d $DOMAIN_NAME -noarch
              ./psadmin -c configure -d $DOMAIN_NAME
              ./psadmin -c boot -d $DOMAIN_NAME

               Also check with your OS admin if he/she could increase the page file size. If you can have it increased then try these commands after you've increased the Paging Memory

              Let us know how you get on

              Devesh

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              From: J.Wynne@...
              Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:45:34 +0100

              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2010

                Thanks all for your assistance – I will try this later.

                Rgds

                From: J.Wynne@...

                Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:45:34 +0100

                From: J.Wynne@...
                Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:57:20 +0100

              • william_gioioso@vanguard.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 5, 2010

                  Are you using Oracle OID networking, which uses LDAP to find the database name?  If so, OID is not supported by Peoplesoft and you have to go back to using the tnsnames.ora file.

                  --Bill
                  CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.