Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Tools table with view definitions

  • michael.ngong@crown.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2003

      You may want to take a look at  psviewtext

      Thank you
      Mike Ngong

      "Henry Poras" <hporas@...>

      12/04/2003 12:44 PM
      Please respond to psftdba

              To:        psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              cc:
              Subject:        PeopleSoft DBA Forum Tools table with view definitions

      Does anyone know which PeopleTools table has the text for view
      definitions (comparable to text.dba_views)? I would go into
      AppDesigner and run an Oracle trace while calling up a view, but I
      just started a new job and can't get into AppDesigner yet.

      Thanks.

      Henry

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/JqWylB/TM

    • Henry Poras
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2003
        No such table. We are on PTools 8.42.

        Thanks.

        Henry

        http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • James Blanding
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
          Hey Henry, hows the new job working out? ;)

          This may be a bit late but...

          Views in PeopleSoft are really just records of type View, with SQL
          associated with them. The column layout is stored in the same way a
          normal record is stored. PSRECDEFN stores the record properties, and
          PSRECFIELD (or PSRECFIELDDB) stores the "Record Field" properties.
          Just be careful of the SUBRECORD field, which indicates that the value
          of the FIELDNAME field is the name of another record and not an actual
          Field. (I wrote a PL/SQL procedure a while back to generate a nice
          list of fields if you're interested...it handled the whole subrecord
          thing using recursion! :)

          The SQL itself is stored in its own definition of type SQL.
          PSSQLTEXTDEFN appears to store the text of the query that represents
          the view. Of course it's in a Long column...bleh

          HTH,

          --James