Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum loadbalancer

  • itfreak boy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hi Ramesh,

      Can u send the URL again. It does not seem to open.

      thanks,
      itfreakboy

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010

        Here it is :

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0L-6S0I49rkJZTt3uTYdmfJkWc1rd2lXhOdppkJ1ldPFV8cAxRtBRgqrar5oCMMBDb6vOjy4V9uS4eq7_qxr9SvWic2zxih-/RENServerConfiguration.pdf

        also the document is available in files section.

        Thank you

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 22, 2010
          OK, great throbbing world wide interweb brain...

          Two environments... same cobol (did a diff).  The cobol compiles in enva, but not in env b, with the fllowing error:

          pscbl.mak : Compiling PSPUSTAX.cbl ...
            4479     SET NRADJ-IDX  TO  1
          *  12-S*****************                                               (   0)**
          **    Operand NRADJ-IDX is not declared
            4482     SEARCH NRA-ADJ-TABLE OF STTRT VARYING NRADJ-IDX
          *  12-S*********************************                               (   1)**
          **    Operand NRA-ADJ-TABLE is not declared
            4487         WHEN TAXABLE-GROSS OF W-WK
          * 368-S************                                                    (   1)**
          **    Exception phrase inappropriate
            4491                   = ADJ-LOW-TAX OF STTRT(STWRK-IDX NRADJ-IDX)
          *  12-S****************************************                        (   1)**
          **    Operand ADJ-LOW-TAX is not declared
            4497     END-SEARCH
          * 564-S**************                                                  (   1)**
          **    A scope-delimiter did not have a matching verb and was discarded.
          cob64: error(s) in compilation: PSPUSTAX.cbl

          Missing stored procedure?

          ----- hideously long, yet extremely wise, sig file follows -----

          services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

          and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

          "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
          you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
          people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

          "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
          "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
          by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

          "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
          I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

          "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
          of religions."

          SIGNATURE :
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
          with ketchup.
          You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
          Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
          Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
          A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
          When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
          rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
          order; the alternative is anarchy.
          M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

          Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
          aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

          Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
          The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
          for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
          http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

          NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
          States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
          confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
          of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
          message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
          any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
          written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
          violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
          error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

          Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
          M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 22, 2010
            Probably a difference in a copy book.  But from your snippet, I can't tell which one.

            DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 22, 2010
              Good call - it was one of these:

              PSCSTTRT

              PSPONETM

              PSPSTTRT

              PSPTGCTB

              They had mismatched sizes when I performed a diff of the directories.

              thanks.

              To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              From: david.kurtz@...
              Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:56:00 +0100
              Subject: RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum cobol silliness

              Probably a difference in a copy book.  But from your snippet, I can't tell which one.

              regards
              mailto:david. kurtz@go- faster.co. uk
              web: www.go-faster. co.uk
              Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba. com