Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PT 8.50 install on linux

  • Devesh Padmanabhan
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2010
      Try to invoke the installer using  "./setup.linux -console" (without the double quotes of course) and see if that works.

      Good Luck

      Devesh

      On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM, itfreak boy <itfreakboy@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I am facing a issue with PT 8.5 installer starts but comes out after the license codes.

      thanks,
      itfreakoy

    • itfreak boy
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26, 2010
        Thanks for ur suggestion. I have tried the display parameter and also tried on the xmanager but the issue is still there. Could it be with the Java. Also with 8.5 they have not given the parameters for setup.sh or setup.linux. Any other suggestions are welcome.

        thanks,
        itfreakboy

        From: benghahhari@ yahoo.com
        Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:03:17 -0700

        Please specify the issue itfreakoy.  You do need to set your display.  For K Shell/Korn Shell here's the command:
        export DISPLAY=[your workstation ip address]:0.0
        ex. export DISPLAY=1.234. 567.890:0. 0

        You must have x-windows software installed on your workstation and running.  You can test that display and x-windows software are working by typing (on your server):
        xclock

        This should launch a clock on your desktop if all are setup correctly.  If not, it'll throw an error.

        Good luck.

        you're probably installing on a Unix machine - quite probably an HPUx server, and you need to set the display env variable in oder to get output.  I think it's something like export DISPLAY=0.0 or something like that.

        Please advise if this is not the case.

        peac,
        clark 'the dragon' willis

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups .com

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 26, 2010
          Here's what I did my last install....

          export PATH=$PATH:.
          export DISPLAY=0.0

          [path][install file name]  -is:tempdir /[path]/ -is:javaconsole -console -is:log /[log path]/[log file].log

          BTW, the java should be self contained in the installation.

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
          From: itfreakboy@...
          Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 03:36:28 -0700

          To: psftdba@yahoogroups .com

          From: itfreakboy@yahoo. com
          Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:01:17 -0700

          Hi

          I am facing a issue with PT 8.5 installer starts but comes out after the license codes.

          thanks,
          itfreakoy

          Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.