Win2008 64 bit file server can't connect to db with app designer or datamover

  • Wynne, Julie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010

      Hi

      We have a file server/windows process scheduler with Peopletools 8.49 installed on 64 bit windows 2008.  We are using Oracle 32 bit 11g client.   Platform is certified.  Everything works fine except for app designer and data mover do not connect to the database.

      All user ids, passwords, connect ids etc are correct, as I’m using the same ones from another workstation successfully – it’s just when I try to use these tools from the 64bit machine I get “Invalid Access ID and password for signon – see your security administrator”.  I’ve tried forcing both to run as administrator to no avail.  I’ve also tried running pscfg.exe as administrator and setting the connect pw and reinstalling the workstation – makes no difference.   Oracle_home environment variable is set to the top of the oracle home (ie immediately above bin, lib, network etc).   Any ideas ?    I suspect it’s something connected with the horrible win2k8 security features but would appreciate suggestions.  It’s not all that urgent for now, as we’re not using it for development, but would be good to know for the future.

      Thanks

      Julie

    • BANKS, Richard
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
        Have you tried:

        -can you connect to the database just using SQL tools?
        -can you connect using App Designer in 3 tier via the App Server?
        -can you connect using DMS via bootstrap mode

        Also, you might want to trace the connection - go to pscfg.exe > Trace > SQL Trace > tick all and add a file.log into the PeopleTools Trace File box, and try to connect.  Compare that log file to one on the working client.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010

            Hi Thanks for your response…

            -can you connect to the database just using SQL tools?   Yes – any account  (tried ps, sysadm, people)

            -can you connect using App Designer in 3 tier via the App Server?  No – same error

            -can you connect using DMS via bootstrap mode – No – same error

            Sql trace showed only a few lines of information , compared to lots of connection details etc on the working client.

            eopleTools 8.49.16 Client Trace - 2010-03-02

            PID-Line  Time        Elapsed  Trace Data...

             1-1      10.43.39             Tuxedo session opened {oprid='PS', appname='TwoTier', addr='//TwoTier:7000', open at 038DD068, pid=4548}

             1-2      10.43.39    0.023000 Cur#0.4548.CSTEST RC=0 Dur=0.004000 --- router PSORA load succeeded

             1-3      10.43.40    0.267000 Cur#0.4548.CSTEST RC=0 Dur=0.267000 INI

             1-4      10.43.42    2.146000 Cur#0.4548.CSTEST RC=404 Dur=2.146000 Connect=Primary/CSTEST/PS/

             1-5      10.43.43    1.000000 Cur#0.4548.notSamTran RC=0 Dur=0.000000 DON

             1-6      10.44.46   63.392000 Tuxedo session opened { DisconnectAll at038DD068, pid=4548}

            Julie